I think about this subject from time to time.

I was a Truck owner all me working life, 4 Chevy's 1 GMC. 2 were S10's, 1 Chevy LUV truck. The last work truck was a 1997 GMC 1500 XCab/ 350/4L60. I also pulled my 19 ft. Sea Ray with that, then with the 2 Dodge Durangos' my then wife drove.

The first Van was the 1994 B350 Dodge Xplorer, and I was hooked. I met frscke1 though Vanning.com, in late 2013 when I had also acquired a 1988 Dodge B250 318/A500. That's the Van that started all the, ahhh, Ruckus...

Accused of "Hoarding." then. the Fleet now includes the Mighty L19 equipped 1990 G30 EXT Church Van.

So with owning a vintage Dodge, I had become a regular in the Parts department at Poway Dodge. I met a guy there who sold cars and we'd BS, talk cars and walk the lot when I'd come in. Knowing I was moving to Texas, I had told him what I'd like in a truck, if I had my Druthers. Nothing fancy, not paying more than my first house cost. LOL! Full size. Color, White! Has to pull 5K, Cheap to operate, low maintenance, Comfy, fun to drive. Keep in mind my first truck, a 1970 Chevy C10 327/4 speed Shorty. No power anything.

I got a call one day and went down there to look at this truck, still in the shop in back. The guys had grown fond of this little truck since it had been there, repaired it to where you couldn't tell anything had happened to it. They joked that they were keeping it as a shop truck. The detail guy and I became Friends and he gave me free washes until I moved. Tip appreciated smile

Here's what I couldn't pass on. Lol. So. If you live in Texas you are gonna need a truck, so a new 2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman Regular cab Shortbed. 305 HP 297ft# torque 3.6 V6 8 speed auto, 3.31 rear axle. Made the move with this truck, many trips. Best trip loaded, no trailer. Best MPG, 34 with a tailwind. Worst trip MPG, 25 going West into a stiff wind, 28 coming back, wiiindy, loaded, no trailer. Got the matching shell 2 years ago.

The Mexican Dodge was customer ordered new, and subsequently damaged in transit to dealer. Rock strike during transport into windshield at roofline My dealer got it, fixed it. Customer got a new truck, and so did I, full factory warranty, as new, registered to me as new, at 6K below MSRP, 21.5K. April 2014. Refied a year later into a 1.98% at my CU. Not a bad little unit.

Not a Van, but has transported me twice 1100 miles to Runs, after Chevy mechanical failure, where I am allowed to park it in the Chevy Van Only parking, then ride to the Runs, stylin' in a chevy

[Linked Image]