Vannin' Home
Posted By: Jseabolt Can you install truck nerf bars on a van? - October 20th 2019 1:24 pm
Hopefully if all goes well, I'll soon have a ~2013 Ford E-250. I've already picked out a set of rims for it. I'd like to install some tube style nerf bars. I'm not really crazy about those flat panel versions sold specifically for full size vans. Like these:

[Linked Image]

I want something more like these tube bars that goes on a truck:

[Linked Image]

Of course when you enter the vehicle information, it says "does not fit your vehicle".

Doesn't the F-250 truck and and E-250 cargo vans share the same chassis? It may look "different" or "unusual" having a long nerf bar the entire length of the body between the wheels going down the driver's side and another on the passenger side past the sliding door but that's what I want.

Even if they do line up with the frame would they extend past the body or be tucked up underneath it to where they wouldn't serve much purpose? I guess I could always cut down some pieces of pipe and use longer bolts to space them away from the chassis if I need to.

This guy has what looks like truck nerf bars on his van. But I'm not sure.

[Linked Image]

As far as getting the correct length, I could always ask the manufacturer. I'm guessing nerf bars for a crew cab F-250 would have the same wheel base as a non extended van E-series van.

Posted By: oldskool73 Re: Can you install truck nerf bars on a van? - October 20th 2019 3:54 pm
If you can weld, you can make them work. The best part of vanning is 'customizing'.
Posted By: Jseabolt Re: Can you install truck nerf bars on a van? - October 20th 2019 5:45 pm
Originally Posted by oldskool73
If you can weld, you can make them work. The best part of vanning is 'customizing'.

I can weld. I've made downpipes for turbo systems using that thick well pipe.
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: Can you install truck nerf bars on a van? - November 07th 2019 5:59 am
The bars on the 4x4 van you have pictured are custom built ROCK SLIDER bars and are basically one off.
I would find the closest 4x4 shop, see if they have a set of bars you like in stock, and hold them in place to see how they look.
You might also look at having a exhaust shop bend up a set to fit you van, I would use 3” tube personally. Good luck and keep us posted.
Posted By: Dw89xj Re: Can you install truck nerf bars on a van? - March 02nd 2020 2:15 am
I think weldtec and ujoint off-road both offer a tube style nerf bar rock slider type step bar, pricy but I'm sure they're great quality and made to fit.
© Vannin' Community and Forums