Vannin' Home
Posted By: maples01 Seatbelt - March 20th 2019 12:31 am
Stupid Ford, WTF made those fools decide instead of using a nylon belt on the buckle, use a steel cable, this is the second time it's broken and I'm mad, they should have replaced it the first time it happened, it was not yet 5 years old, it's a safety issue, poor design! Meanwhile my 1973 still has its faded factory belts, yeah, steel cable was so much a better idea. I need a new buckle, and I'll be damned if I put it back the way it was, there has to be one from a swivel seat I could use. I need to get it fixed because it's the only vehicle I have that takes passengers, I am about to get surgery for a baclofen pump, no drivers side seatbelt now.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Seatbelt - March 20th 2019 1:36 am
LMC has them ...

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/vn/full.aspx?Page=8
Posted By: maples01 Re: Seatbelt - March 20th 2019 5:52 am
I'm not looking to replace it all, just the buckle, the one in my van is specific to the belt, those are the wide early style. I had hoped I had the ones to my quick release bases, all I have are what goes in the floor for the rear bench, far too long for my use up front, there has to be some in a conversion van on the rear captains chairs.
Posted By: CatFish Re: Seatbelt - March 20th 2019 1:24 pm
I'll dig through my stuff Mark, but I think I tossed all the old belts I had from PaP.
Posted By: maples01 Re: Seatbelt - March 21st 2019 12:03 am
I think the truck buckle is a direct fit, found one on ebay, guy is on vacation, so I can't get it, not so much of a special mount it seems, just requires a short belt. Thanks Catfish, this sure brings to light that I might outta sell the 73 and try and get something that doesn't require removal of the passenger seat, and this time, power steering is a must.
Posted By: maples01 Re: Seatbelt - April 25th 2019 4:37 am
I had to swap the seatbelt electrical connector, the truck has the ends swapped, van buckle warning light connector is a female, trucks is male, I believe this is done on purpose so you can't just swap it, but seeing as how 2 originals have broken I am certain they are a poor choice, extremely hazardous for my health, no way would I ever trust the stock buckle since they just snap out without warning or pulling on them. I have several retractable shoulder belts, I could upgrade the 73 with one.
Posted By: maples01 Re: Seatbelt - April 28th 2019 10:10 pm
My belt swap is a failure, damn van belt wont lock in the truck buckle, I hate this van and am considering getting rid of it, the buckles can't be trusted, Ford should be ashamed over this, I am pissed I will have to spend $80 on something I know is gonna break, I have no faith of it holding in the event of an accident!
Posted By: maples01 Re: Seatbelt - July 17th 2019 2:10 am
BTW anyone considering a 97+ Econoline, the 2 front seats use different buckles and are very expensive to replace, I am left with only one option, a key ring D-ring, pathetic garbage.
© Vannin' Community and Forums