Vannin' Home
Posted By: Ether In search of the “Black Mass” - December 07th 2017 4:30 am
Once upon a time I found myself listening to the heavy riffs of Electric Wizard one night and was inspired to mock up a design for my future boogie van. They have a song and album titled “Black Masses” and thought how perfect it would be to create the most Occult custom van based of the idea of a Black mass ritual. A few weeks later I came across an old magazine ad for a custom van that resonated with this desire for a “satanic” van. If I remember correctly the ad picture the usual mustached vanner coupled with some women and what was the most amazing looking ritual themed mural painted upon a van aptly named “Black mass”.

Since then I finally purchased my first van (a 77 Dodge tradesman) and have been slowly putting in the time to get it running and begin adding my personal touches. I havnt forgeten about that van ad I saw. In fact only from what I can remember seeing has been my source of inspiration.

I’m coming to you all to help me find this ad again, and hope that some one can give me more information on what should be a classic van. It may be a long shot but I would love to know that it still lives in all its blasphemy and glory. Please if you’ve have any information or the ad help a new van lover out.

Posted By: Ether Re: In search of the “Black Mass” - December 07th 2017 7:46 pm
Just want to clarify real quick. My post was moved from the main general forum to the Dodge general forum. I'm not exactly sure why (maybe because I mentioned I have a tradesman). I can't remember what the Black Mass was It could be a dodge, or a Chevy or Ford for all I know.
Posted By: Meanmachine Re: In search of the “Black Mass” - December 07th 2017 11:03 pm
I think it was a Ford
Posted By: Dietrich Re: In search of the “Black Mass” - February 21st 2018 7:46 pm
Ether, still alive, how's your van doing? As soon as I read Black Mass I of course thought of the Wizard..you get it, "metal van" \m/ that's what my wife and I would call alot of vans before we finally bought one. Little more in the punk rock spectrum now but, it's all the same.

I found the ad you described..looks pretty sweet. As Meanmachine said, it's a Ford, 1969.

Attached picture f3908913b24a8952ea331e036bad6378--ford-van-black-mass.jpg
Posted By: frscke1 Re: In search of the “Black Mass” - February 21st 2018 9:15 pm
I moved it to the Ford section, as its a Ford your looking for.
© Vannin' Community and Forums