Vannin' Home
Posted By: Capn Scurvy Favorite Ford Van - December 03rd 2006 3:00 pm
Don't want to see Brand F get left out of this lovefest. What's your favorite Ford Van?

I have to say...

[Linked Image]

I just love this van.
Posted By: Lordmodelbuilder Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 03rd 2006 4:32 pm
I agree, Flying Eagle 2 was/is an awesome Ford. Here are 2 that are my favs. First is "Time In A Bottle". Was from San Diego,CA. & remember seeing it in the early 70's in a car show at a fair. Was probably the 1st custom van I ever saw in person. I couldn't have been but maybe 8 or 10 years old. Loved it.
[Linked Image] Wonder what happened to it?
Also, this Ford is at the top of my list. Ken Jones "Harem". Awesome 6-wheeled show van that won everything out here in CA. & was driven all over. Met him at a show & he was a great man. Even let a friend of mine climb inside the van! Sad that both he & that van are long gone now. Heard it was sent to a wrecking yard. Hard to believe,should be in a museum. Brad
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lordmodelbuilder Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 03rd 2006 4:38 pm
This is my favorite Early Econo. Awesome van & it's owners are great people. Brad [Linked Image]
Posted By: Capn Scurvy Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 03rd 2006 7:31 pm
I'd have to agree with you about the earlies. I guess I tend to put each generation of vans in their own group.
Posted By: CatFish Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 04th 2006 1:13 pm
I really like this one. Hope to see it in person sometime.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: voodoo_62 Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 07th 2006 1:05 am

This ones sweet.

[img]http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/rides/9760/__lg__/1145533683_car.jpg?rihu2dFBiKZ7k62g[/img]

Posted By: Snotty Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 07th 2006 11:46 am
try again! bad link! lol
Posted By: NateB Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 07th 2006 11:54 am
I don't have a favorite "themed" Ford van so to speak, but my favorite Fords are the 68-74 models.
Posted By: Virtual Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 07th 2006 12:33 pm
Having owned the first 3 versions of the Econoline I will tell you my favorites of those eras. For the early Ford I will have to go with Vanishing Breed too, great looking van Mike ! For the mid Ford my long time buddy Ace built the Ace of Spades back in the late 70's. It still looks great today:
[Linked Image]
Not sure what the next version is called anymore (late, new whatever) but the 75 to whatever Ford that I like the most would have to be Primecut. This picture does not do it justice as it was taken from the grandstands of Watkins Glen while Howard was racing around the track with it at Van America 1978. The workmanship on this van was incredible.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 07th 2006 1:10 pm
This is an easy one for me. The only 'other' Ford I want.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: OVANNER Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 08th 2006 3:52 am
Ken I was just going to list Bad Cut. That is a killer van. I also loved Journey which I will try to load a picture of. Also True Blue that is currently listed on Ebay.
Posted By: OVANNER Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 08th 2006 2:38 pm
Found a couple photos of some old favs! Also More Than a Feeling and Roger Derosiers (Miss ya man!) French Connection Van which I do not have a good pic of!

Already shown Bad Cut
[Linked Image]
And Journey
[Linked Image]
Posted By: STALLION Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 09th 2006 1:54 am
My favorite, Robert

[Linked Image]
IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k59/1290_01/vanpixs/P1010067-1.jpg[/IMG]
Posted By: STALLION Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 09th 2006 2:04 am
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Virtual Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 10th 2006 2:53 pm
Bad Cut is still on the road occasionaly, although I haven't seen it since 1993. I'll have to track down the owner and see if we can convince him to come to Vanfest this year. Would be a nice surprise for Ken I am sure.
Here's another great looking Canuck Ford. Strange how many of my favorites are radicals. This one was built by Gibbs who has gone on to be one of the most popular airbrushers of custom cars and trucks in Canada. He still has the van, it is now in primer just waiting for the right time to reappear.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Capn Scurvy Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 10th 2006 3:41 pm
Wow! True t-tops. I'd like to see that one to see how that was worked out.
Posted By: CatFish Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 11th 2006 1:31 pm
One more look at BC.

[Linked Image]

It is very nice.
Posted By: CatFish Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 11th 2006 1:36 pm
I like Tiger Haven a lot.

[Linked Image]

Anybody know if it's been seen recently?
Posted By: CatFish Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 11th 2006 1:43 pm
Here's a pic of BlueLemon at GSVR II. Not radical but I think it's awesome that Jim bought it new in '73 in Cal. He took it to a vannin the first weekend and it's been going to eVants ever since.
[Linked Image]
Not to many one owner Mids running around.
Posted By: Dodges 3 Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 11th 2006 2:42 pm
Had to do a little surfin' to find this van pic. It belonged to another fellow Canadian vanner, some of you may know who he is, EH NATE...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: OVANNER Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 11th 2006 3:15 pm
Thats a nice lookin Mid chop radical.
Posted By: Capn Scurvy Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 11th 2006 4:07 pm
Here's apic I took at Nats of it. (sort of) I always said mid-Fords reminded me of my dog, so I took a "separated at birth" picture of the line-up. It's just one of the things that make me like this model a little more. laugh

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hotblazer Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 14th 2006 5:16 am
My choice for best Ford will be mine when I get it! ! ! ! ! grin But in the meantime, I have to go with Mike's Vanishing Breed. grin
Posted By: Native Son Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 15th 2006 9:11 pm
My favorite is the one I'm building right now, it started life as a 93 E-350 Club wagon but will not end up that way.
My plans are to have it look like a real wild window van from the outside and a real wild panel van on the inside.
It has got great potential.
Posted By: OVANNER Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 19th 2006 7:35 pm
Come on someone has to have some other favorites. Get them scanned and added!
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 19th 2006 7:39 pm
How about the one I just posted in the For Sale thread.....1977 Ford with only 21,000 miles on it ????
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 19th 2006 7:45 pm
How about the one I just posted in the For Sale thread.....1977 Ford with only 21,000 miles on it ????
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 21st 2006 5:30 am
Dodges 3.This van would not happen to be a van that had a waterbed in the middle??? Something tells me this might be the van.
I LIKE IT.
Posted By: CatFish Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 22nd 2006 1:55 pm
Here ya go!
[Linked Image]

VMM, how's that?
Can't remember where I captured this pic.
Posted By: CatFish Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 22nd 2006 1:57 pm
Another favorite.
[Linked Image]

You know....I'm having a tough time deciding, but a hell of a good time looking!!
Posted By: CatFish Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 22nd 2006 2:01 pm
OK, one more.
Charlie.
[Linked Image]
Anyone know this van?
Posted By: wookee Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 22nd 2006 3:01 pm
In this area this was the van to beat in the early 80's
Nebula

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This van had one of the first all digital dash boards

[Linked Image]

Look closely at the body mods done to this van.Just about every thing you look at is changes in some way.......

...........Wookee
Posted By: OVANNER Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 22nd 2006 3:17 pm
Wow nice pics. I think I have seen Tulsa Time before at the Nats but I never seen Nebula before. Yes everything has been modified.
Posted By: wookee Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 22nd 2006 3:31 pm
Mid Fords were a real challenge to get the front ends to look right because of there shape from the factory......

Nebula was another van that came out strong for a couple of seasons and dissapeared never to be seen again........

I think this is a picture of flying eagle from 1979

[Linked Image]

..........Wookee
Posted By: Lordmodelbuilder Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 25th 2006 5:38 am
Hey Wookee, That's 'Night Flight'. Another Ford painted by Greg.
Posted By: ripVANwinkle Re: Favorite Ford Van - January 15th 2007 5:52 am
How about the "Gladiator" anybody remember that one? It was always one of my favorites.

I am at such a disadvantage here, I have no pictures. I do have a a large box of old '70's van magazines though, but have NO idea where to find them.
Posted By: Lordmodelbuilder Re: Favorite Ford Van - January 16th 2007 3:44 am
I sure do remember the Gladiator Ford. Wonder where it is today? Brad
[Linked Image]
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Favorite Ford Van - January 16th 2007 10:57 am
That van was always one of my favorites,i'm sure its tucked away somewhere.
Posted By: Vanishing Breed Re: Favorite Ford Van - January 22nd 2007 4:56 am
Well I would be a liar if I aid my early isn't my favorite Ford van but "Awesome Lady" is my second favorite.
Vanishing Breed

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and "Awesome Lady"

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Vanishing Breed Re: Favorite Ford Van - January 22nd 2007 8:29 pm
Oh I forgot coming in very close to Awesome Lady would be Garys "Alpine Express"
Posted By: Native Son Re: Favorite Ford Van - January 23rd 2007 4:42 pm
I also remember Gladiator, it was one of the first vans that inspired me to take my customizing skills to a whole new level,before seeing Gladiator I would settle for "close enough" but after that I would tear a project apart if it wasn't right on the button of what I had in my mind.

There are some BEAUTIFUL Vans shown here and Vanishing Breed is one of my top pics!
Thanks for the eye candy!
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: Favorite Ford Van - January 24th 2007 2:29 pm
Here is a couple I Dug up.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: OVANNER Re: Favorite Ford Van - January 24th 2007 2:58 pm
Sea Rover was a serious van. Where was that taken Todd, Looks like the top photo was taken at Boogie Bash.
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: Favorite Ford Van - January 25th 2007 2:50 pm
Jack Durand's Demon's Den was at Boogie Bash
Sea Rover was behind the Eight Ball Worster county vans is my guess,or Fog Run in Lebanon Ct.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Twisted Re: Favorite Ford Van - June 29th 2010 1:04 am
Bringing this back,
War Lord and Cinderella I really like. Nebula is very cool and after finally seeing what Gladiator looked like, I'm not to crazy over it. War Lord is awesome tho.
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Favorite Ford Van - June 29th 2010 1:07 am
Originally Posted by wookee
In this area this was the van to beat in the early 80's
Nebula

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This van had one of the first all digital dash boards

[Linked Image]

Look closely at the body mods done to this van.Just about every thing you look at is changes in some way.......

...........Wookee

This WAS the van to beat back then. I hae a lot of pics of this van and the all digital dash back then was SO ahead of it's time!
Posted By: on the road Re: Favorite Ford Van - June 29th 2010 1:34 am
If you are on facebook, go to the Econoline 5.0 group and check out the over 550 pics there! Additions welcome!
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Favorite Ford Van - June 29th 2010 2:12 am
Thanks Howard. I just went there and joined....GREAT pics. There is a van on there called Androcles....I have never seen it. Is it still around or does anyone have additional pics?
Posted By: on the road Re: Favorite Ford Van - June 29th 2010 2:17 am
I saw it once. It was at the Oklahoma Nationals...the 5th National Truckin. Possibly the coolest Mid Ford I have ever seen. No clue where it ended up.
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: Favorite Ford Van - June 29th 2010 3:17 am
My favorite Ford? Easy. . . . WOLF DEN !

[Linked Image]

Very close second would be Vanishing Breed, that van is sooo sweet!
Posted By: X-MAN Re: Favorite Ford Van - June 30th 2010 12:39 am
There have been a lot of great vans. Hard to pick a favorite Ford. Off the top of my head I would say visions. I wish it was still around frown

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Favorite Ford Van - June 30th 2010 12:54 am
Where did it go?
Posted By: X-MAN Re: Favorite Ford Van - June 30th 2010 12:59 am
I thought it burned up? Maybe I'm wrong.
Posted By: Virtual Re: Favorite Ford Van - June 30th 2010 1:07 am
Your right, it burned 2 years ago on Sunday, 4th of July 2008 frown
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: Favorite Ford Van - June 30th 2010 6:11 am
YIKES, BAD Fireworks there! sad loss, that is / was a great looking van!
Posted By: Slcullen Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 01st 2019 10:11 pm
Do you have anymore pics of Jacks van?
Posted By: Slcullen Re: Favorite Ford Van - December 01st 2019 10:12 pm
Do you have anymore pics of Jacks van?
Posted By: JIm Rockford Re: Favorite Ford Van - January 01st 2021 1:43 am
Love this ....

Attached picture safro-cars-evel-001.jpg
Attached picture safro-cars-evel-002.jpg
Posted By: lukester Re: Favorite Ford Van - January 01st 2021 2:32 am
This might be an old thread but man there are some sweet Ford's out there.
As for me I do have a favorite Ford. It's not a radical custom, it's not fancy and it's far from a show van but it deeply sentimental. It's Outcast. My 13 year old son's 83 E150. It was left to him when my good buddy and club co-founder Big Foot Paul passed away from cancer.

Attached picture Screenshot_20201231-212857(1).png
Posted By: NateB Re: Favorite Ford Van - January 05th 2021 3:02 pm
Originally Posted by lukester
As for me I do have a favorite Ford. It's not a radical custom, it's not fancy and it's far from a show van but it deeply sentimental. It's Outcast. My 13 year old son's 83 E150. It was left to him when my good buddy and club co-founder Big Foot Paul passed away from cancer.

Aww man Big Foot passed away? I didn't know that....damn. I hung with him at the '06 Nats...cool dude.
Posted By: lukester Re: Favorite Ford Van - January 07th 2021 2:33 am
Originally Posted by NateB

Aww man Big Foot passed away? I didn't know that....damn. I hung with him at the '06 Nats...cool dude.

Yeah Nate.
May 5th 2017 frown
Posted By: CatFish Re: Favorite Ford Van - February 08th 2021 1:19 am
Originally Posted by NateB

Here ya go Luke, Nate. Our friend Big Foot Paul with that old Ford (The OutCast) at GSVR a few years ago:
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]SUNP0259 by Cat Fish
Posted By: lukester Re: Favorite Ford Van - February 08th 2021 1:59 am
Thank you Catfish. That is a photo I did not have.
© Vannin' Community and Forums