Vannin' Home
[Linked Image]
Official 2015 Australian Panel van National Website
[Linked Image]
Hi Everyone,
Some of you may have met me at last years nats in Ohio or at the Council of Councils in NOLA. Some of you I may have know for a very very long time already!
Either way my name is Mandy and I am the International Guest Liaison officer for the 40th Australian Van Nationals. I will be posting information and answering questions as quick as I can to help you organize an epic van run from where ever you call home.
Welcome to the site Mandy....
Ok Just a little information for you to think about.

Flight time - from Los Angeles international Airport (LAX) to Sydney International Airport (SYD)is 14 to 15 hours. Qantas and Virgin Australia offer non stop flights. Personally I always fly with Virgin Australia. Qantas has a very good reputation.I have heard a lot of good things about Air New Zealand but they do not offer direct flight, you will end up with a layover in Auckland.

Flight cost - from LAX to SYD US$1500 to $2000 return for late march early April 2015 (information taken from webjet.com)
You will need to factor in your own domestic flights but I'm happy chat with you about that if you need help booking it.

Also you may consider a bit of touring and may need to fly home from a different city. Flying between Australia's major cities can cost anywhere between AUD$80 & AUD$400 depending on the distance and time of week.

Exchange rate - Subject to swift and often pycotic change but at the time of posting this it was pretty good. Currently US$100 will buy you AUD$107 (information taken from ozforex.com.au Australian Foreign Exchange Services).
Flying in from England.

Flight time - from London Heathrow Airport to Sydney International Airport (SYD)is about 22 hours and you are required to stop over somewhere depending on which airline you go with.

Flight cost - At the time of this post Etihad airways and Virgin Australia were the cheapest for a return flight for late March early April 2015 at £715 - £825 (AUD$1300 - $1500)(information taken from webjet.com.au)
As mentioned in the post above, Flying between Australia's major cities can cost anywhere between AUD$80 & AUD$400(£45-220) depending on the distance and time of week.

Exchange rate - Currently £100 will buy you AUD$180, but this is o course subject to change. (information taken from ozforex.com.au Australian Foreign Exchange Services).

Are there Nats going on now?
© Vannin' Community and Forums