Vannin' Home
Posted By: dragonvanman Stud size for 77 Chevy g20 to fit cragars - January 23rd 2018 8:24 pm
Hi
Sorry for the stupid question but I was about to fit my crag are rims to my 77 Chevy g20 van . The studs onlybprotrude through around 3 mm , so obviously I'm in need of some longer studs.
Are there any differs in vans years to wether they are press in or screwed in ? as I've not yet managed to remove the rear drum itself to check and wanted to order some for shipping to the uk I. Looking to get at least another 1/2 inch protruding for safety .
I'm sure many of you have come across this before in the past and it's a standard modification to enable the wheels to fit correctly .
Many thanks
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Stud size for 77 Chevy g20 to fit cragars - January 23rd 2018 10:43 pm
Id press out the old lugs take them to the parts store to match the longer ones to.
Posted By: dragonvanman Re: Stud size for 77 Chevy g20 to fit cragars - January 26th 2018 8:16 pm
Hi
Thanks for the reply ,problem I have as I live in the uk ,these are not available at parts stockists here . I've found some variations on the autozone and o reillys web site over there in the USA . But seem to have differerent knurl diameters ? Are all 4 wheels the same ? Front and rears ?
Cheers
Posted By: dragonvanman Re: Stud size for 77 Chevy g20 to fit cragars - February 01st 2018 10:34 pm
Hi all
I've done some searching on the net and had info from others that I'd be able to use the et style conical lug nuts as the travel further up the bore of the wheel and onto the stud itself .
Has anyone else who's fitted 8" cragar to the rear used this method ?
Thanks
Posted By: Moosevan Re: Stud size for 77 Chevy g20 to fit cragars - April 30th 2018 3:18 pm
Check http://www.speedshack.co.uk, Steve is a really good guy & knows his stuff. Try him on: 01895-449066 or e-mail at speedshack@live.co.uk
© Vannin' Community and Forums