Vannin' Home
Posted By: Drwecki Lift a 92 e150 cheaply - September 28th 2017 7:37 pm
Dear Vannin community.

I'm so confused about front suspension lifts for my van. It's about 3 inches shorter than the rear. I see 2k dollar kits and that's too much. But then I find coil spring spacers for like 100 bucks. Has anyone installed these in their van? I hear you cant align the van after you do this? Anyone done this have any advice. I'm just really confused about liftin options.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Lift a 92 e150 cheaply - September 28th 2017 7:40 pm
Welcome to the site Doc ...

The the higher you go the stronger you need to make it.

Cheep isnt the way to go on a lift ...

Again welcome ...
Posted By: Drwecki Re: Lift a 92 e150 cheaply - September 28th 2017 8:01 pm
Thanks for the welcome. So are coil spacers inherently crap? My front end is sitting 3 inches lower than my rear and I want it to level it up. Are those little air bags inherently crap too?
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Lift a 92 e150 cheaply - September 28th 2017 8:05 pm
Id start with a taller coil. No spacers or air bags. Who lifted the rear ?
Posted By: Drwecki Re: Lift a 92 e150 cheaply - September 29th 2017 2:06 pm
I bought HD rear springs from SDtruck. And I also bought HD moog springs. I installed them, but I didn't know that it would be raked. I'm very new to truck suspensions and fords; how do you figure out how to buy taller springs?
Posted By: Hasan Ben Sobar Re: Lift a 92 e150 cheaply - September 29th 2017 3:57 pm
Cheap should never be used in the same sentence as suspension or brakes. DO it right or don't so it at all.
Posted By: maples01 Re: Lift a 92 e150 cheaply - October 24th 2017 2:49 am
I put 3/4 ton coils in a friends 96, they fit, but took finagling to get the spring strap back on and it lifted the from a lot, #1 his springs were broken down quite a bit due to his wheelchair lift, getting in/out puts a strain on the one side that can't be corrected, as it's only during use that it does it, #2, his van sat lower than any other Econoline I've seen from the very beginning. This I know will raise it up, requiring an alignment and new camber inserts, be ready for the cost, and it'll ride considerably rougher too.
© Vannin' Community and Forums