Vannin' Home
Posted By: Astro Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 24th 2011 10:59 pm
To all interested, here is the link to the hotel, site of Council of Councils 2012, Florida Winter Nationals.
Dates are Feb 3-5, 2012.
Prices good Jan 31-Feb 6, 2012, tell them you are with the Florida Van council.
Regular Rooms, 2 double beds $89.00 per night;
Pointe Rooms with water view, sleeps 6 $139.00 per night; Townhouse rooms, sleeps 8 $159.00 per night.

http://facebook.com/MagnusonHotel.MarinaCove
Wow, now this is cool to have info already! yay
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 25th 2011 10:40 pm
Here also is another link to the motel.

http://www.marinacoveresort.com/
either way both are too far for me...CA this year..FL 2012.
Posted By: NateB Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 28th 2011 4:59 pm
LOL! I just got off the phone with the twins. Gary is already calling to reserve our room. smile

I WILL be attending!!!
Posted By: Lil_Ed Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 28th 2011 8:12 pm
Originally Posted by VanVida_Israel
either way both are too far for me...CA this year..FL 2012.

Thats why you fly to Councils,
I wonder how long they hold warrants in FL?? shocked
Posted By: Astro Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 28th 2011 10:09 pm
I like the idea of getting a townhouse room and splitting it up... but I really doubt I can find 5 vanners that don't snore! lol!
Posted By: Astro Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 28th 2011 10:18 pm
drat, it's still too early to start shopping airfare.
You know I'll be there. California was way too much fun to even consider missing this one. hopefully junior and glenda bust out some grilled cheese.
Pretty sure we'll be there.
if you call and reserve a room through monday, don't let them tell you it isn't part of the group rate! I just got this sorted out between the hotel and mookie.
Yeah...Gary said the room was more than what the flyer is saying. He's said he'd call them back and straighten it out.
tell him to make sure to mention Florida Van Council.
Going from Coast to Coast - Can't Wait - The CA Girls will be there smile
frown Will not be attending.
We will be there.Cant wait.
Originally Posted by CatFish

So,thats why I dont see you at our Fl events anymore. lol
well , we WANT to go, not 100% sure yet. . . . but UNITED AIRLINES say 385.00/person ROUND TRIP from OKC to TAMPA BAY. We shall see.
Uncle Fester Wait till winter when All travel sites run specials.

God willing We Will be there.
Thats what i'm doing,probably better rates.
I want to go. I want to go. We want to go. We want to go. Ok everything is going up for sale. Well, almost everything. lol
As of now we will be there again! Ye Ha!
If I go by train it will take 82 hours !!!!
Originally Posted by billo
If I go by train it will take 82 hours !!!!

You need a train with wings! It would prolly take less time to take a ship through the panama canal lol
Is there somewhere on C of C site that show who's going?
Posted By: Eddie G Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - September 04th 2011 2:02 am
on there site.
is there a promo code?
Is there a flier for the 2012 CofC's? Thanks,Brad
Posted By: lukester Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - September 14th 2011 8:47 pm
Originally Posted by Lordmodelbuilder
Is there a flier for the 2012 CofC's? Thanks,Brad

FVC Link
The calendar is only showing the Sunday at present frown
Posted By: Astro Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - September 14th 2011 9:02 pm
Originally Posted by Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!!
The calendar is only showing the Sunday at present frown

which calendar?
Posted By: Astro Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - September 14th 2011 9:03 pm
if you mean the calendar here, then that's how the it is listed, otherwise the upcoming events window will be flooded with the same event
I thought you could enter the date range so Vanner's will know when it started and when it ended so they could plan ahead ???
Posted By: Astro Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - September 14th 2011 9:44 pm
that's why you put the dates in the subject line.
as of right now you can't put in a date range, but they will be adding that in a future version
Posted By: HomeBrew Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - September 28th 2011 6:41 pm
I'm still kicking myself for missing last year. I'm pricing plane tickets now for two people. Think I'll fly into Tampa. Is there a shuttle or or do I need to rent some wheels?

Posted By: HomeBrew Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - September 28th 2011 8:15 pm
Is there a schedule of events? Trying to figure out if I can squeeze in a deep sea fishing trip….. Anyone else possibly interested in splitting a charter?
Posted By: HomeBrew Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - September 29th 2011 2:23 pm
OK, Clover and I are in! Booked two round trip tickets and a drop top. Still need to figure out the room situation. I'm STOKED! This is going to be Awesome!
Man I want to make this. Really not sure right now. Money is tighter than ever right now. Will just see what happens.
Originally Posted by nautic1
Man I want to make this. Really not sure right now. Money is tighter than ever right now. Will just see what happens.

I'm in that same boat frown
Everything for me is up in the air at the moment, if we are still in Fl this feb, we will be there, since Tampa is only 45 minutes from me. That and Since im FVC I need to be there helping out. hope to see you all there!
Room booked - check
Cisco sitter - check

Think we are driving & can't wait!

C of C here we come

WOO HOO !!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by DeeJaye
Room booked - check
Cisco sitter - check

C of C here we come

WOO HOO !!!!!!!!

Enter Van Show ! Check !!
ok. booked a room.

and found the schedule

Looks like a fun filled weekend! no time for fishing lol
Posted By: funk49 Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - October 13th 2011 11:23 pm
Flight- check
Room- check
Sailing Trip- check
See ya there!
We are booked Feb 2nd thru the 8th.Taking Lucy's mom so we can make it and Lucy's birthday is the 8th,Party.We are driving down also!
Sarah is coming with us, flight booked! cheers
Looks like this will be the 2nd one I have missed in the last 20 some years...Colorado and Florida...Not good....
Originally Posted by Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!!
Room booked - check
Cisco sitter - check

C of C here we come

WOO HOO !!!!!!!!

Enter Van Show ! Check !!

Doc are you entering the van show?
Originally Posted by CatFish

Depends, misdimeanor or felony lol!
Room booked

Driving down, since its only a 45 minute drive. got us one of them fance rooms with a view of the water.

We'll be heading down friday, and if there is anybody that has chosen to fly into Orlando instead of Tampa, we will have a few seats open if anybody may be needing a ride. Just pm me and let me know!
Must be nice Chris
Got our Council Rep papers today. It had a Schedule of Events included. Saturday night at the band you are suppose to wear your baseball???? team colors. I'm sure the meant football team colors since Sunday is the Super Bowl Party. oops oh well see ya at C Of C
Nope,we meant baseball spring training theme......

Which is the best airport to fly into St. Pete or Tampa? and is there a shuttle service for either one. If not what is best transportation from Airport. eg Taxi,Limo, Bus
Thanks
Originally Posted by Wizard78
Must be nice Chris

hey i gotta get a break once in awhile. Any other van run is 5 hours minimum just to get out of the state except for the 2 or 3 here in Fl.
Yeah--Super Bowl in Indy this year--we are going to stay home and attend some of the eVANts our very hospitable city will be hosting! Maybe MY team will even be one of the ones playing in the big game!!! That would be sooooooo nice!

So--you all have to hold up some of my end of the weekend--
and don't forget the coffee!
Originally Posted by smitty
Which is the best airport to fly into St. Pete or Tampa? and is there a shuttle service for either one. If not what is best transportation from Airport. eg Taxi,Limo, Bus
Thanks

We're driving
Posted By: smitty Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - November 06th 2011 5:22 pm
Ok, Room Booked!!!!!
Finally! Room and Airfare (Jet Blue Non-Stop) are booked! Flying into Orlando and driving over! Only non-stop from CT. Jan. 31st to Feb. 6th.
Posted By: Lil_Ed Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - November 09th 2011 2:07 pm
Group from Wisconsin flying in, roundtrip non stop $230.00, each, about 6 of us going.
Thanks

Smitty, Tampa is most likely easiest to get flights in and it's only 45 minute drive to St.Pete..
Someone from the FVC should really chime in and answer the questions here. It's only 3 months away now, people need to make their plans.

Also please have whoever is in charge of the van show get in touch with me.
I'm working on getting more info.Not sure who is in charge of the van show,but I will find out and let you know.
Posted By: HomeBrew Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - November 15th 2011 10:16 pm
Originally Posted by Lil_Ed
Group from Wisconsin flying in, roundtrip non stop $230.00, each, about 6 of us going.

Seems like great rate for round trip non stop. Now I'm wondering if I got bent over on our tickets. lol
Is there any schedule of events listed yet? Sorry found it here!

http://www.councilofcouncils.com/
Posted By: smitty Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - November 18th 2011 9:25 pm
Go to the actual Council of Councils Page. There is a schedule of events tab at the bottom of the page.
(The Link to the page is at the top left in the Site Navigation sidebar).
Posted By: Jud Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - November 30th 2011 3:24 am
Hi all. this years Council of Councils t-shirts are by pre-order this year. We will have a ragland sleeved baseball shirt. The art work is on the Florida Van Council web page. The sleeve will be blue. The shirts are $15. each. You don't have to pay for them now just pre-order and pay at the event to insure you get the size you want. Please pass the word.. orders to Judpilon@aol.com referance COC shirts thanks all
Posted By: Jud Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - November 30th 2011 3:25 am
Jr is in charge of the show. it will be held on Saturday afternoon
Posted By: Jud Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - November 30th 2011 3:29 am
either airport is ok. We will be listing the modes of transportation soon. We will not have a shuttle but if you check out www.floridavancouncil.com and look of the council of council info you will see a list of people and when they are arriving. We recommend that you contact each other and set up one of the shuttle. the more in the shuttle the cheaper it is. Most questions can be answered on the site. or you can e-mail me at Judpilon@aol.com and refferance c of c. hear is some info you may be interested in.

Hi all. this years Council of Councils t-shirts are by pre-order this year. We will have a ragland sleeved baseball shirt. The art work is on the Florida Van Council web page. The sleeve will be blue. The shirts are $15. each. You don't have to pay for them now just pre-order and pay at the event to insure you get the size you want. Please pass the word.. orders to Judpilon@aol.com referance COC shirts thanks all
Posted By: Ky_Tim Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - December 28th 2011 2:18 am
Better late than never, we're booked at the hotel and for our flight to Tampa. We lucked out on the room this late in the game. It was the last non smoking room they had available for the 9 day stretch there. It's probably not in the same block as the rest of the rooms but at least it's the same hotel.
We touch down in Tampa at 11:43 AM Saturday the 28th and leave out at 8:20 AM Monday Feb. 6th day after the Superbowl.
Okay Vanners!
Guess What---I get to go to C of C in FLA! YEAH!

I checked the list on the Council site and didn't notice anyone else listed arriving at my time. I know that must be some Vanners getting in around the same time. I am going to book a limo ride from the airport to the hotel on Thursday afternoon--and I am sure to have more space in the car than I can fill up. (I know, but planes charge for boxes of toys now!) So, if you are arriving before 2:30 pm on the 2nd and would like to share a ride--please let me know.

I am not sure about Sunday yet--but I would use a ride from the hotel around 11:30 am to the airport in Tampa. I just haven't figured out that ride yet. So, if you want to get on that bus too, we can work out something there also!
Posted By: Astro Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - January 09th 2012 9:36 pm
if you want a shirt, you need to pre-order it!
The shirts are $15. or sizes M - 3 xl. They will be screen printed. pay at the meeting when you pick it up, if you want one, email Judith, judpilon@aol.com
Sooo! Looking forward to C of C! Can't wait, is it really still a month away!
There are alot of vanners that I know are going that did not got to the site to enter their flight and contact information. I know of approx. 12-15 from New England that are not on there. Suzie maybe some of them are on your schedule.
We should be there by Thursday. Smitty, Brenda & Fish are riding to Florida with us.
I can't wait Woo Hoo
Thanks Johnny! I will post a thing over on the NEVC site and maybe send out a couple of notes too!

Dee Jaye--that will be one full new HHR!!
How's Fish gonna tip the T bottle?!?!?
You can register on the council site so everyone knows who is going. http://www.councilofcouncils.com/ I thought I heard that the hotel is close to full which is great. The wife & I are looking for things to do if anyone has some cool ideas? Getting in on Tuesday!
We should be there early afternoon on Wed. Look us up!
Originally Posted by Suzie-BGfNY-IN
Thanks Johnny! I will post a thing over on the NEVC site and maybe send out a couple of notes too!

Dee Jaye--that will be one full new HHR!!
How's Fish gonna tip the T bottle?!?!?

Not bringing the HHR. Bring Big Red.

Yep Wednesday (not Thursday)
Posted By: smitty Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - January 12th 2012 11:32 pm

Yep Wednesday (not Thursday)

Woooo Hoooo Can't wait!!!!! This is going to be a Great Time!!!! yay yay cheers yay van yay yay
Smitty, We will and looking forward to this trip!
cry I'm not attending
Posted By: Jud Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - January 15th 2012 10:46 pm
just realized that the cut off for the reduced price for the c of c is not on the web page. Today is the day. If you have not booked please do so. Make sure you say you are with the council of councils or they will tell you all the rooms are booked. The hotel numbers are 727-867-1151 or 1-800-227-8045
Posted By: Jud Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - January 15th 2012 10:49 pm
today is the last day to book at the reduced rate. here are the numbers. be sure you let them know you are with the c of c or they will tell you it is all booked 727-867-1151 or 1-800-227-8045
Would love to go this year but just not in the cards or wallet. Hope everyone has a great time. Will be watching on the live cast from home. cry
Same here Phil had to cancel for this year.Puppy,mom, just not possible.
We sure had hoped to come down to the warmth for this as well, but $ is just to tight right now. frown Speed safely everyone and take and post lots of pictures! grin
2 weeks from now we will be in FL! It has got to be warmer!
Think I got the fever, cant wait to run a muck! lol
Yep 2 weeks from now we'll be in Florida and sipping drinks!!!! Definitely got the fever, can't wait!!!!
I cant wait!

Our first C of C yay
Posted By: Astro Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - January 22nd 2012 3:06 am
Florida Van CouncilVannin.Com. Inc.
COUNCILS OF COUNCIL UPDATE: Met with management team at hotel today; the bad news is we are only 2/3 booked for hotel (insert pouty face here). The good news, the hotel is not imposing the special rate cut off as previously posted. You can still book under the special prices for the "Florida Van Council" up until Feb 1. So don't dilly-dally or we're going to have fun without you! That's promise! The weather was 79 and sunny today, supposed to be nice for all of next week. Don't forget your swim costumes as there is also a heated pool and hot tub. The theme is Baseball for the Saturday night party. We hope you are prepared for the PJ party on Fridy night. See you there.
I just booked at the hotel. Yes, you need to say, "Florida Van Council." I used "Council of Councils" two weeks ago and they said they were full. They referred me to a non-Magnuson property in St. Pete that used Expedia and had a concellation charge. Took some doing to straighten that out but we did it.

See you there,

Bleu Kat
Here is an idea to see the local area from the water! http://www.icsharks.com/BoatRentalsHome.html

I was thinking about going out one day!
Anyone looking to share a room or have a extra bed or sofa i could sleep on ill be coming in on the 2nd and gone on the 5th flight gets in at like 4 and leaves about the same time on sunday. i am on a very tight budget this year any help from fellow vanners would be great.
chris
732-773-2929
Originally Posted by lukester
I cant wait!

Our first C of C yay

yeah
I Will be Mailing a bunch of ctcruisenews to Johnny O.This paper has been doing a lot for vans for about a year now.Ken "Superbeast" has been a contributor,Along with myself.
All Cruisenews packed and ready to go, I wish I can Fit in with them. Lot's of Different issue's with All Van Story's.. While Supplies Last. LOOK FOR JOHNNY O.
Posted By: NateB Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - January 27th 2012 11:51 am
Originally Posted by lukester
I cant wait!

Our first C of C yay

Me too!
In the past 20 odd years, I've missed 2. To the newbies - ya gonna have fun! Don't forget you jammies for the Pajama Party Sat night.
Posted By: Astro Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - January 27th 2012 5:18 pm
I think we need a a hooters run! thursday night maybe?
cry So wish we were going but no money. Oh well. Maybe next year. Of course I said that last year. lol Have fun all. Make sure to post pics when you can of all of you having fun so we can wallow in self pity at home. lol
Well, Crap...
As Virtual mentioned I will have some last chance Vannin calendars with me for sale @ $10.00 each. The luggage is starting to get real heavy!

We are going to miss you Howard!!! But it looks like you are in good hands!!!

See you all Tuesday.
Astro, make sure you let us know the details of the "Live Chat" setup for the meeting....as Jewels & I will surely be there for that! smile
Hey guys has anyone looked into this? http://stpete.pedalpub.com/ I'm sure you would be able to get a couple of pub crawl bikes filled...
PedalPub St.Petersburg, LLC
stpete.pedalpub.com
PedalPub St.Petersburg, LLC
stpete.pedalpub.com
The wife and I've been here 2 days now and having a blast. Met up with my childhood friend last night for dinner which was awsome. Havent seen him in 39 years but he lives only 15 minutes from here. We had a lot of laughs and he is a very good musician. He played us some songs on his guitar right here in our room. It was awsome.
Today we cruised up the strip to Clearwater and all points in between. We hit the beach briefly,ate lunch,then cruised back south and went out to Fort Desoto for a mini tour/history lesson and some more beach chillin and wathced the sunset. The area around the fort is all undeveloped or park property so theres a lot of remote beach front spots which is kinda cool. Im not much for the big commercial areas so I enjoyed the somewhat privacy of it.
The only real downside so far is the hotel's ice machine on the first floor doesnt work at all so we have to go upstairs and all the way to the other end for ice. I can see the other ice machine runnin dry pretty quick once the hotel starts filling up.
Weather has been low 70's so far,very tolerable but not perfect beach weather either. It's supposed to be 79 by Thursday they say so that looks promising.
FYI,free wi-fi here at the hotel. Gotta run,I'm busy chillin ha-ha.
Snotty, Val & myself are in! I think some other New Englander's will jump on this as well. Do we have to book it in advance?
Do they know about the broken ice machine? hopefully there on it! those machines take a beating at a C of C eVANt
Originally Posted by O_MAN
Snotty, Val & myself are in! I think some other New Englander's will jump on this as well. Do we have to book it in advance?

And I would say were good for at least 4... if we fill it up, I think ya need 16 people its only like 20 bucks a head... I don't know, I was hoping someone thats down there running the C of C could check it out for us... grin
Hopefully they are reading this and can help us out. I think it would be a blast!
They know about it. They said maintenance is working on it but I dont think its been touched at all yet. Hopefully someone will get to it Monday.
Also,contrary to what I was told on the phone when I booked my room,I had no problem switching over to a non smoking 2 double bed room like I asked for in the first place. We also checked in early around 1:00PM.
Tim, Can you check into the Pub Tour that Snotty was checking into? Maybe see if they need reservations etc.
As Virtual mentioned I will have some last chance Vannin calendars with me for sale @ $10.00 each. The luggage is starting to get real heavy!

We are going to miss you Howard!!! But it looks like you are in good hands!!!

See you all Tuesday.

I would like one of those calendars.I will be in late night Thursday 11 or so I'm not sure how to find ya but I definitely want one.
"O Vanners" sign will be on the door! Most likely you will hear or smell me somewhere. See you there.

Anyone else in for the Pub Tour???
Yeah we might be up for that! I'll bring it up to the rest of the group. We have 5 that are riding down together with DeeJaye and Roger and 2 more that are meeting us down there.
Tim, Can you check into the Pub Tour that Snotty was checking into? Maybe see if they need reservations etc.

Ok I called them and heres the scoop. Reservations are preferred for a full load(16 people),they supply a driver. Note;info I received seems a little contradictory to the website(maybe a seasonal thing,I dunno)
Anyhow,the pub tour leaves from downtown St Pete at 5:30. This Fridays bike has 7 seats already filled. Individual seats are $25 or if you rent the whole bike its $190/hour,about $12 a person. Bike goes about 10 minutes between bars downtown. All bars give you happy hour pricing the whole night long with the wristband they give you,even after the tour is over.
I would think time on bike would be minimal since you will be off of it at the bars once you get there. Drinking on the bike IS NOT permitted "If I know about it" she said. In other words you would have to be sneaky about it.
Reservations are definitely a good idea since she would need to schedule extra drivers. Also consider the website says standard tip for driver would be $30 to $40 on top of rental price. Not bad for an hours work where all you do is steer and brake a bike while 16 people pedal it.
I am still in if we can get 16 people in on one either Wednesday or Thursday afternoon. Bar Tour ye ha!
were in too!!! I'm thinking Thurs afternoon might work better, Smitty when is your gang getting in? with SOVC Johnny n Val Moon Lite were already at 11 peeps, North Chesapeake would probably be in for a few??? I think we can do this! Lets hook up asap at the motel and see what we can do...
It is a plan! Luggage packed in the car and off to the airport at 4AM. See you there and we can make the plans.
ok cool... I still have a full day of work tomorrow UGH! we arrive in Tampa at 10am on Wed AM, then I think a couple quick stops in Tampa then over to the motel... see ya there sometime on Wednesday!
Snotty we'll be there sometime Wed afternoon. Stopping at Bonnie & Joe's. Smitty, Brenda, Fish & us will be in our Big Red.
We're going on a sailing trip at 4:00 on thurs so not sure that will work for us. I'll let you know.
Whats the scoop on the sailing trips? Reservations required or what? Is it one leaving from the motel cove?
Yeah they leave from the cove, Gnarly and Mook are doing them. It's a 45' Ocean sailing boat, there's a link on the Councils web site.
Wish I could go frown
Me to frown
Posted By: Snotty Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - January 31st 2012 11:16 pm
damn... how does either Wed night or Fri late afternoon work for everyone?
Posted By: Ky_Tim Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 01st 2012 12:21 am
Ice machine is fixed!
Posted By: Ky_Tim Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 01st 2012 12:26 am
Ice machine is fixed!
Posted By: Ky_Tim Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 01st 2012 4:03 am
Several people arrived today,finally got to meet some folks at the tiki bar and "talk van". Nice weather today,we swam and hung poolside catching rays. It's supposed to be even better tomorrow. Headed out at 10AM for the museum tour of Joe Medonnia's collection. Hope I spelled that right or at least close. Not that anybody needs me for anything but if ya do Im in room 131 next to the ice machine.
Flying out of Cali early tomorrow morning.
See everyone early evening tomorrow! Brad
Save me some ice and huggs!~
have fun and play safe hope to see you at Vanfest kids
now were off to Jamaica man
Headin' out NOW!!

See ya there!

John "Takin It Easy"
Runnin Wild Truckers
New Jersey Van Council
Just talked to Wookie, he's on 95 rolling through the Richmond area! shift
Any idea how much a pack of smokes is going for down there? I'm just wondering if I should bring a few extra with me instead of buying them there....

wheels up @ 20:15, leave the light on for us grin
Been getting regular updates and abuse...and I got a pay cut today!
Guess it's time to change the holiday picture...memories of summer!

[Linked Image]
Thanks for the updates Keep them coming
Originally Posted by on the road
Been getting regular updates and abuse...and I got a pay cut today!

Me too, the bastards lol Bummer about the pay cut. Been there myself since before Christmas frown Not really a pay cut for me, just reduced hours. Still means less $ to play.
I forgot all about yesterdays meeting and getting on chat to view it. What other eVANts are going to be on there and when?

I had thought there was a schedule, but can't seem to find it?
How come no updates, pictures, etc.??????????

You can't tell me nobody has a laptop down there! grin
From what I got from Dave yesterday the wifi sucks in the hotel. He had to tether to his phone to broadcast the Nats Board meeting. It was mostly muted due to topics discussed. There will be no broadcasts today. The meeting will be broadcast tomorrow.
Check the C of C website. It has the schedule on there.
Thanks Phil! Tomorrows meeting starts at 9:30, I already saw that.
Yep. Guess I know where I am going to be. Right here. lol
Posted By: Bobert Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 03rd 2012 8:08 pm
I'll be with ya Phil
[img]http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...9_100000792418724_822111_879447694_n.jpg
A few pics for those who asked.More to come tomorrow....
[/img]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
C of C schedule
Astro is planning on doing a live broadcast from the meetings today. Can someone post the link here when he announces it please. I have to step out for a bit, be back by 10:00.
Yes a link please.
It's happening now. Meeting just started: http://tinychat.com/vannin
Sorry Doug missed this but you got it.
Meetings are over now. If you listened to the broadcast please keep the 2013 Nats location off of the forums here.
It's so as not to take away anything from the 2012 Nationals.

Big thanks to Astro for doing the broadcast, he was solo this year with a crappy internet connection. We'll make sure he has plenty of help next year when the CofC is in Mansfield Mass.
Freakin A+ For New England.See you in are neck of the woods next yr.
What ?
Posted By: lukester Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 04th 2012 11:17 pm
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Nice to see Junior and Chets vans there.
What no updates or is everything hush hush! lol
My Fan went on my computer and she Kept shutting down.SOB.
Posted By: NateB Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 05th 2012 3:48 pm
Sitttin here at the Tampa airport with Garry and Larry. I must say I had a blast at my first C of C! Thank you FVC!
The CofC was a really good time this year. the weather was good the band was good and the Vanners were terrific. The Vanners who attended represent some of the most serious (only when necessary), dedicated Vanners. I'm sure there are a lot of serious Vanners who could not attend also. The business end of Vanning The meetings to discuss ideas,scheduling and announcing eVANts,accepting Nats and CofC proposals, Etc. keeps Vanning rolling along. But, the get togethers, the parties, the conversations with Vanners from around the world mean just as much. Being Part of the Vanner family is something you can't quantify, it's a spirit you must experience. The state of Vanning is getting stronger We are who we are and what we are. Not everybody understands us. those who do are become hooked.
What are the dates for councils in 2013?
Feb-6-10,2013
Posted By: smitty Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 06th 2012 5:47 pm
Originally Posted by BuffaloBob666
The CofC was a really good time this year. the weather was good the band was good and the Vanners were terrific. The Vanners who attended represent some of the most serious (only when necessary), dedicated Vanners. I'm sure there are a lot of serious Vanners who could not attend also. The business end of Vanning The meetings to discuss ideas,scheduling and announcing eVANts,accepting Nats and CofC proposals, Etc. keeps Vanning rolling along. But, the get togethers, the parties, the conversations with Vanners from around the world mean just as much. Being Part of the Vanner family is something you can't quantify, it's a spirit you must experience. The state of Vanning is getting stronger We are who we are and what we are. Not everybody understands us. those who do are become hooked.

It was great to meet you in person Bob! It was an awesome time and you guys were vantastic neighbors. You're the definition of vanning and vanners!!!
Damn Smitty, Carol and I were saying how lucky we were to be next to ya'll. Florida supplied the location, but ya'll brought the party. See ya at the Nats.
Posted By: smitty Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 06th 2012 10:37 pm
You Bet!!! Can't wait!!!
Originally Posted by vanmachineman
Freakin A+ For New England.See you in are neck of the woods next yr.

Not for us, that's my wife's big 50 and won't be going where the snow flies... going to have our toes in the sand cold drink in our hands...
Thanks LMB I cant believe my son actually wants to go next year. I think it has something to do with Gillette Stadium being not too far away. Hopefully next year will be a better one expense wise. Would have loved to gone this year but with the funeral and graduation all in a years time it was just too much.
Posted By: smitty Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 07th 2012 7:18 pm
I want to thank all of Florida Van Council for a great time and a job very well done!! It was a very good time, the Hotel, the sailing trips, the partys, and most of all hanging out with our vanning family! It just doesn't get any better than that!!
The only problem with the whole experience was that it had to end!
See you all this summer. Hopefully more than a few times!
Yes Smitty it ended for me last night when I got home! Awesome weather, great friends, serious parties even up to and beyond the Super Bowl party. Great to see some ex New England Vans in the show as well. Next year it is our neck of the woods and I know New England will not let you all down. Yes it will be colder but just as fun!

Posted By: smitty Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 07th 2012 9:14 pm
Looking forward to it Johnny!!
Posted By: smitty Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 09th 2012 3:31 am
Finally got Photobucket to work. Never had problems before but it's been awhile since I've used it
Once again thanks to Florida Van Council for a Great Time!! We had a Blast!!!
Here's my Pics.
http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/ssmittytcv/2012%20Council%20of%20Councils/
Thanks for sharing.
Smitty, it looks like Starbuck is sleeping in the photo from what looks like a party at the hotel.
Great pics Smitty thanks!
Posted By: smitty Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 09th 2012 1:02 pm
Originally Posted by radicalran
Smitty, it looks like Starbuck is sleeping in the photo from what looks like a party at the hotel.

That was a party at our room, there was a lot of apple pie flowing among other cocktails. I think starbuck was helping us out by making sure the wall didn't fall on somebody! LOL
He did a fine job!!
I'll be visiting the US in a few weeks and will hook up with starbuck. Can't wait to hear all about the event.
Posted By: funk49 Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 09th 2012 11:37 pm
Seems like I remember pictures of Starbuck sleeping at a Christmas party also.........no matter it was a fun time. Thanks to everyone who made it happen.
We had a great time at C of C. Left Fish's house at 5:45PM on Tuesday & got to Joe Madonia's at 7:30 AM. He was at the hotel so we went to Bob Evans, had breakfast & the back to Joe's Museum - it was neat. Hung around there most of the day & got to hotel Wed about 3 PM.
Fish, Smitty & Brenda rode with us. Friday, Gloworm drove to the west coast of Florida to spend a couple of hours with Bugman's sister. The rest of the weekend was a "normal" C of C.
Party all week in Smitty, Brenda & Fish's room. We roomed with Damnit & Bubbles in a townhouse next to Nate & The Twins. Um as far as me, Friday night a bottle of wine, too many apple pies, golf card ride back to room, How did I get up the spiral stair case???, fell off the bed & got trapped between wall & bed. Don't remember any of it LOL. Needless to say, didn't drink Saturday. Left nice, warm 75 Florida 10:30 AM, got back to Fish's 3:30 AM to a "chilly" 10 degrees. Smitty had to scrape frost of his windshield. I miss Florida!!!

http://s593.photobucket.com/albums/tt20/DeeJaye60/C%20of%20C%202012/
Posted By: smitty Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 13th 2012 9:51 pm
Nice Pics DeeJaye. Thanks for posting!
Posted By: wookee Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 13th 2012 10:01 pm
Dee Jaye it looks like we where hanging in the same places and still not formally introduced.......

.....wookee
Posted By: HomeBrew Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 13th 2012 10:04 pm
I owe the kind folks in the room next to us a bottle opener / cork screw. They loaned it to Sarah with the understanding we would give it back before the weekend ended. When I went over to return it on Sunday they had already left. (DOH!) Does anyone know who was in the room next to us?
Originally Posted by HomeBrew
I owe the kind folks in the room next to us a bottle opener / cork screw. They loaned it to Sarah with the understanding we would give it back before the weekend ended. When I went over to return it on Sunday they had already left. (DOH!) Does anyone know who was in the room next to us?

what was your room number
Originally Posted by wookee
Dee Jaye it looks like we where hanging in the same places and still not formally introduced.......

.....wookee

sorry maybe at the Natz we'll meet
heck I only saw Homebrew 1 time & we're from the same state & attend the same van ins LOL
Posted By: NateB Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 14th 2012 4:12 pm
DeeJaye that story of you falling and getting trapped made me laugh. I hope you were okay.

A drunken vanner getting wedged between the wall and bed? Priceless.

I was pretty messed up Friday night myself. I didn't get into bed until 2:30am...I went up the back steps though.
Yeah Nate a bottle of wine & too many apple pies & tequilas at Smitty's & Fish's LOL
Just a skinned knee & no drinking Sat LOL
Every post I read about the CofC reminds me how much fun we had. I have noticed that there's a lot of people pointing fingers at those SOVC guys and blaming them because of how generous they were with their Apple Pie, (and Shine). I agree they had great Apple Pie and everyone was welcome to party with them. It was great to be roomed next to them. The Award for the best "Room Party" has got to go to be thiers. Keep up the good work!!!
Posted By: smitty Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 14th 2012 8:45 pm
Thanks Bob It was a pleasure to be roomed next to you guys too!
Stop by the SOVC site at the Nats and we'll do it all over again!
It depends I may get a wild hair and bring the BOW (Bar On Wheels) with us. It usually doesn't go past local truckins because it cuts my mileage in half. But since it is the 40th I might bring it. If not we'll still have a bunch of refreshments with us! LOL
Dam Smitty I missed the party! I thought I would have had a personal invite. But me getting stuck between my bed and the wall would not be a good thing!
Posted By: smitty Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 14th 2012 9:21 pm
Sorry you missed it Johnny. My Bad! It was pretty much an impromptu party whenever we were in the room, going on all weekend in the evenings and bloody marys in the morning. It always spilled out into the patio so people were just stopping by.
Like I told Bob stop by at the Nats and we'll do it again.
Posted By: Ky_Tim Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 14th 2012 11:36 pm
Oh crap I totally forgot that I left a styrofoam cooler with cokes,bottled water and some wine coolers in it next to Mr Bills drivers door of his van when I left at 6 AM to go to the airport. I figured he might want them instead of me just tossing them out. I don't know if he found them or if a local kid did and put on a buzz:-) If he was wondering,well the mystery is now solved.
Posted By: wookee Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 14th 2012 11:43 pm
O Man you had problems navigating around the pool mid day......
Had fun hanging out with you.....
The apple pie with the shine was killer!!!!!!!

......Wookee
I have a BOW also, it's called a Van. I'll have some Beverages for the Nats using Fla. OJ. I'm doing taste tests regularly (for Quality control, of course). Only the best for my Vanner friends.
Posted By: billo Re: Council of Councils, Feb 3-5, 2012 St.. Petersburg, FL - February 15th 2012 2:45 am
Originally Posted by Ky_Tim
Oh crap I totally forgot that I left a styrofoam cooler with cokes,bottled water and some wine coolers in it next to Mr Bills drivers door of his van when I left at 6 AM to go to the airport. I figured he might want them instead of me just tossing them out. I don't know if he found them or if a local kid did and put on a buzz:-) If he was wondering,well the mystery is now solved.

I pointed it out to him around 9am while he was loading up the back of the van. (he had not seen it yet:))It got loaded with the rest of everyone's leavings.
© Vannin' Community and Forums