Vannin' Home
Posted By: deserteagle Gas tank leak solutions? - July 13th 2020 3:47 am
Hello everyone. 1970 Ford Econoline E 100. The gas tank has four lines going into the top. All four lines are broken. Now there are four holes in the top of the tank, and I have no idea what to do about this. You can’t get these tanks anymore. I recognize I could get an aftermarket one and modify it, but it will require work I’m not sure I can do. Any ideas welcomed.[img]https://www.instagram.com/p/CCkOIXnJvIk/?igshid=oufbaw90kxu1[/img]

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCkOIXnJvIk/?igshid=oufbaw90kxu1
Posted By: samhain Re: Gas tank leak solutions? - July 13th 2020 4:42 am
If the tanks in otherwise good shape, go to your local fab shop and get it welded. I’d block those off and put in whatever sort of vent lines you may need. I don’t recall anything like that on mine.
Posted By: deserteagle Re: Gas tank leak solutions? - July 13th 2020 3:32 pm
Ok thanks. How should I get the remaining gas out of it aside from driving around and running the risk of running out of gas? Again the fuel gauge is broken. Thank you friend
Posted By: samhain Re: Gas tank leak solutions? - July 13th 2020 3:50 pm
Siphon or drop it and dump it out.
Posted By: billybob Re: Gas tank leak solutions? - July 13th 2020 4:39 pm
Hi Mark I have one tank here it going to be done in week give me a call 5718519464 Bill
Posted By: Charlie 99909 Re: Gas tank leak solutions? - July 13th 2020 8:10 pm
What do those other lines run to?
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Gas tank leak solutions? - July 14th 2020 12:41 am
Originally Posted by Charlie99909
What do those other lines run to?

My 72 Dodge is similar...there are four lines coming out that go into an upright "pipe" that holds the canister for vapors (this was the technology before vapor canisters and other emission equipment). I plan on changing out the tank on my 72 (chop project) and will have to modify with a canister.
This is what that "pipe" looks like in mine.

[Linked Image]IMG-2336 by Lee Hatfield, on Flickr
© Vannin' Community and Forums