Vannin' Home
Posted By: Charlie 99909 Anyone Going to Hippy Killer Hoedown? - January 03rd 2020 10:42 pm
I'm trying to get my van done for Hippy Killer or EconoWest, but just in case it isn't ready I'll be in LA for Hippy Killer for the weekend.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Anyone Going to Hippy Killer Hoedown? - January 04th 2020 10:06 pm
Where is that?
Posted By: Death or victory Re: Anyone Going to Hippy Killer Hoedown? - January 04th 2020 11:09 pm
Perris Lake, CA. Motorcycle and custom car show. I think they’ve added awards for vans now too.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Anyone Going to Hippy Killer Hoedown? - January 05th 2020 1:39 pm
To far for me for a weekend lol
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Re: Anyone Going to Hippy Killer Hoedown? - January 05th 2020 1:59 pm
It would take me a week to get there.lol that is definitely a West Coast event.
Posted By: samhain Re: Anyone Going to Hippy Killer Hoedown? - January 05th 2020 5:23 pm
I might take a bike out. Close by so I’ll decide that weekend. It’s a fun show when it isn’t miserably hot.
Posted By: Charlie 99909 Re: Anyone Going to Hippy Killer Hoedown? - January 05th 2020 8:24 pm
Originally Posted by samhain
I might take a bike out. Close by so I’ll decide that weekend. It’s a fun show when it isn’t miserably hot.

I bet, I’ve done Born Free a few times and it’s usually boiling by noon. I’m really wanting to see the Pomona swap in person also.
Posted By: samhain Re: Anyone Going to Hippy Killer Hoedown? - January 06th 2020 3:41 am
Pomona is killer. Yeah, born free is miserable pretty much every time too. Hippy killers a fun one always rad cars, good bands, not quite the crowd or fashion show of born free.
Posted By: Death or victory Re: Anyone Going to Hippy Killer Hoedown? - January 06th 2020 5:17 am
The one thing I miss about Southern California is the swap meets. I lived very close to the Long Beach swap location and that was some type every weekend, motorcycle, car, antiques, etc. Pomona is mind blowing and pays to get there early!
Posted By: Charlie 99909 Re: Anyone Going to Hippy Killer Hoedown? - January 06th 2020 6:02 am
Originally Posted by samhain
Pomona is killer. Yeah, born free is miserable pretty much every time too. Hippy killers a fun one always rad cars, good bands, not quite the crowd or fashion show of born free.

I'm down for that. My first year at Born Free, my old friend pointed out a woman wearing a 20k Rolex in thrift store clothes. I was over it by my second year.

Originally Posted by Deathorvictory
The one thing I miss about Southern California is the swap meets. I lived very close to the Long Beach swap location and that was some type every weekend, motorcycle, car, antiques, etc. Pomona is mind blowing and pays to get there early!

I'm jonesing for an awesome swap. I have a motorcycle/van swap every two months near me in Sacramento, the meh flea market every weekend, and an old car swap twice a year that is absolutely huge. I need more swaps in my life.
Posted By: Death or victory Re: Anyone Going to Hippy Killer Hoedown? - January 06th 2020 5:59 pm
We only get 1 a year up here and it’s in April and last year was pouring rain...you’d think they’d do it in better weather if it’s gonna just be 1. It’s massive but I’d much rather have a few times to go.
© Vannin' Community and Forums