Vannin' Home
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Aerostar??? - January 11th 2020 12:59 pm
Found a really clean short wheelbase Aerostar van up the street cheap. Is this a van taboo? Never see them listed. Only reason I am considering is I have a set of big and little draglites 5x4.5 I want to use and it would be different.. opinions, or insults it is all good..let it rip 😎
Posted By: Wedgy Re: Aerostar??? - January 11th 2020 1:48 pm
I have had Friends who owned a few, one a Tile Helper who was Art McFaul's, (Mac)s SIL. As you all know Mac drove Vans as work vehicles exclusively, and he approves the Aerostar. Can't go wrong if it's been Mac approved!

I see no reason why a V6 Ford Aero would not stand up to an Astro comparison. And, it's a Shorty! I'd do it in a heartbeat, always liked the Aeros, and I am not a Ford Guy pics
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Re: Aerostar??? - January 11th 2020 4:01 pm
I will go after work today and drive it I get off at noon..Thanks Wedgy
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Aerostar??? - January 11th 2020 4:22 pm
As long as you put a 454 in it when you get it home ….lol
Posted By: Death or victory Re: Aerostar??? - January 11th 2020 7:07 pm
I like the shape of those and have seen a few rare panel Shorty Aeros, even with windows they’d be cool.

I personally would love to see a resurgence in some of these cool older smaller vans. Most everything now that’s a small van is so ugly and even these quirky 80s vans had some style, especially when people trick them out.
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Re: Aerostar??? - January 11th 2020 9:03 pm
Put a 460 in it can't crossbreed . frscke1 I will buy your favorite food and beverage if you come help.
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Re: Aerostar??? - January 12th 2020 12:16 am
Well I went and looked, was going to drive it but owner informed me the transmission shuddered going into second and had no drive🤣 these are things he could have told me on the phone. Well I guess I will keep looking. And I already had plans for it.. lol
Posted By: Death or victory Re: Aerostar??? - January 12th 2020 1:04 am
Was it worth doing a trans swap or repair?
Posted By: CatFish Re: Aerostar??? - January 12th 2020 4:01 am
A friend in the SEVC had one for quite a while. We had a lotta fun kiddin' him about his "Errorstar"..... laugh
Used to see 'em at truckins all the time.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Aerostar??? - January 12th 2020 12:23 pm
I got 2 friends who still have them.
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Re: Aerostar??? - January 12th 2020 1:08 pm
To me it wasn't worth asking price and he wouldn't budge, the rear hatch was split, the side windows were leaking like a rusty tin roof. But but I saw a Hop Cap conversion at a used tire shop for sale in the same lot, it is an 82 g20 but it has a non running diesel in it..said not getting fuel and I hate changing the pumps on Detroits.
Posted By: kursed Re: Aerostar??? - January 12th 2020 1:56 pm
I've always likes the Aerostar vans, but I will admit most of that is due to this particular van.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lukester Re: Aerostar??? - January 12th 2020 3:40 pm
I think they are cool. Lifted or stock. Here are some pics of Jennifer's fromr Green demons vans of Daytona.

Attached picture Screenshot_20200112-103249(1).png
Attached picture Screenshot_20200112-103318(1).png
Posted By: kursed Re: Aerostar??? - January 13th 2020 12:14 pm
That thing is sweet.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Aerostar??? - January 14th 2020 11:49 am
Those are very cool.
© Vannin' Community and Forums