Vannin' Home
Posted By: cornfarmer Seat refurbishment - April 17th 2021 10:09 pm
So I'm thinking of fixing up the 2 seats that came in the Econoline. Like totally restuff & recover them - they're not too bad looking, but they have practically zero cushion in them.

Who's done this and what did it run you $ ? I'm just looking to put new foam in the bottoms at minimum and reupholster them totally, probably in some budget black vinyl/fake leather.
Posted By: kursed Re: Seat refurbishment - April 18th 2021 7:51 am
The two I had done for the QAR cost me $600 at the local upholstery shop. IIRC the marine vinyl I went for was around $25/yard. They had to replace a little foam in mine, but not much.

Are you sewing your own covers?
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Seat refurbishment - April 18th 2021 4:33 pm
I bet you could get a hook up on Craigslist with an upholster taking on side jobs.
Posted By: cornfarmer Re: Seat refurbishment - April 20th 2021 10:07 pm
Originally Posted by kursed
The two I had done for the QAR cost me $600 at the local upholstery shop. IIRC the marine vinyl I went for was around $25/yard. They had to replace a little foam in mine, but not much.

Are you sewing your own covers?

I can sew pretty good, and I'm man enough to say that, but I'm not going to even try doing my own covers. I took them to an upholstery shop which is re-doing them for a reasonable price (for my area), so they should be done in a couple of weeks. I'll just flip the Starcraft seats I dyed a while ago, they just didn't get black enough for me, and wouldn't really look right in the van.

Before pic for posterity

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: kursed Re: Seat refurbishment - April 21st 2021 1:09 am
OH YEAH! I love new upholstery. Can't wait to see how they turn out.
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Seat refurbishment - April 21st 2021 1:15 pm
Those seats look comfortable. Definitely post the pics when they come back.
© Vannin' Community and Forums