Vannin' Home
Posted By: Muncherkid 1976 Chevy van interior swap - February 07th 2020 4:58 pm
I've recently bought a 1976 g20 with a clean body but no interior, I have came across '85 GMC 2500 with a nice interior but was wondering if there would be any problem with swapping over the interior?
Posted By: frscke1 Re: 1976 Chevy van interior swap - February 07th 2020 7:55 pm
Interior no but the outside the body line changed. The inside measurements are the same.

Welcome to the site ...
Posted By: Death or victory Re: 1976 Chevy van interior swap - February 07th 2020 8:53 pm
Probably would swap over. You’ll just need to take care in removing the factory interior. You may have to drill new holes in your van depending on where the screws/clips line up. Hard to know all the details without seeing them both .
Posted By: tuner4life Re: 1976 Chevy van interior swap - February 10th 2020 1:33 pm
The dash may be different as well as the lower doghouse cover (I can't remember what the year split was, earlier version is smaller engine compartment and different dash)..

Otherwise, most everything should swap over. Bonus points, if you can find a Bellevue or Rally STX donor van, there are pillar trims, finish panels, and a bunch of little parts to finish off the edges and corners.
© Vannin' Community and Forums