Vannin' Home
Posted By: ccccccc Fireplace ? - January 08th 2020 6:36 pm
May be looking to add a fireplace to the Maxi. Electric , of course. Do they run off a separate bank of 12 volt batteries? Not for continuous use or heat source. Just looks and interior upgrade. Thanks. regards, ccccccc in SW Michigan
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Fireplace ? - January 08th 2020 7:07 pm
Just put a battery in the fire place off to the side … when you want it connect the leads.
Posted By: tuner4life Re: Fireplace ? - January 09th 2020 1:18 pm
I've often thought about the same thing. One of those cool looking modern showpieces would look awesome in a van. I wonder what the power usage would be though. Even without using it for heat, I imagine they suck quite a bit of power. And I have yet to find a 12 volt version..
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Fireplace ? - January 09th 2020 2:41 pm
Make a LED version ...
Posted By: kursed Re: Fireplace ? - January 10th 2020 2:05 am
I've actually thought about buying one second hand and a little beat up, then building a new "mantle" or surround for it. I planned on running an RV plug so I can hook up at full service camping sites, and will just plug it in when I'm in a setup like that. Haven't put a ton of though into that side of the build though.
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Re: Fireplace ? - January 10th 2020 7:02 pm
Get a pot bellied stove.lol and a trailer for the wood.
Posted By: kursed Re: Fireplace ? - January 12th 2020 2:39 am
Originally Posted by Astrocreep66
Get a pot bellied stove.lol and a trailer for the wood.

My grandpa had a small pot belly qoodstove in his early Chevy.
Posted By: CatFish Re: Fireplace ? - January 12th 2020 3:12 am
I have one like Jason mentioned. A heater with a fake firescreen. It does use a good bit of power w/o heat mode, is bulky and it's noisy when running as well.
We changed to an electric candle that gives a soft glow at night and flickers just like the real thing. And if we still want that "fireplace feel" we can always just plug a fireplace DVD into the ol' flat screen ...... grin
© Vannin' Community and Forums