Vannin' Home
Posted By: hammerhank overhead console ideas - August 21st 2018 5:31 pm
I have been out the scene for too long. I thinking about an overhead console for my 2005 Ford E-150. Anybody got good pics? Let's see them.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: overhead console ideas - August 24th 2018 11:22 am
Custom van has the fiberglass one.
Posted By: Hasan Ben Sobar Re: overhead console ideas - August 24th 2018 1:37 pm
I'll have a console made from diamond plate in October.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: overhead console ideas - August 25th 2018 11:41 am
That would be nice!
Posted By: Dyno_Dave Re: overhead console ideas - August 28th 2018 4:38 pm
Check out Tuner4Life's custom build, starting just about here.

Tuner4Life cheers
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: overhead console ideas - October 10th 2018 11:48 pm
Build your own!
Posted By: Boxdin Re: overhead console ideas - November 06th 2018 11:46 pm
Put it on hinges for easy access.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: lukester Re: overhead console ideas - November 07th 2018 12:41 am
Originally Posted by Hasan Ben Sobar
I'll have a console made from diamond plate in October.

That sounds sweet.
Posted By: Ballzy Re: overhead console ideas - February 21st 2021 10:39 am
I just screwd one up from a suburban I think, in my 95’ b250 even wired up the lights and installed a few extra led bulbs to better illuminate my dash area. It’s a lil rough but works
Posted By: SDMickey Re: overhead console ideas - February 25th 2021 11:47 pm
Nice stuff. Good ideas.
Posted By: lukester Re: overhead console ideas - February 26th 2021 2:28 am
I did not know suburbans had overhead consoles. I will be keeping an eye out for suburbans next time I go to the junkyard.
Posted By: Ballzy Re: overhead console ideas - February 26th 2021 2:47 am
I’m not 100% sure if it’s from a suburban.. my buddy gave it to me and said it came from his gfs suburban but who knows for sure? My van is a 95’ dodge b250
Posted By: Charlie 99909 Re: overhead console ideas - February 26th 2021 6:22 pm
Originally Posted by lukester
I did not know suburbans had overhead consoles. I will be keeping an eye out for suburbans next time I go to the junkyard.

I've seen a few that were meant for K5 Blazers that were for off roading. Spots for CBs and speakers. They pop up from time to time on CL and OfferUp. They wouldn't fit the Ford though. frown
Posted By: Ballzy Re: overhead console ideas - February 28th 2021 6:23 am
Mine I customized too by adding my control/display for my inverter. Was going to put my cb in it but it was too big. And it fits perfectly under my stereo in the dash.
Posted By: pontiac59 Re: overhead console ideas - April 25th 2021 11:52 pm
1989-91 Suburbans have an overhead. It's long and narrow. They also have a between the seat cubby, the same one as in a Blazer.

The best overhead console I picked out of some conversion van in a junkyard in like 2009, it went into two other vans after. It's just a piece of high quality maybe 1x4 or 1x5 that had two long doors on each side and a switch panel in the middle. The bottom was some thin material, hardboard, plywood, with a headliner material on the bottom. it was cut to fit the roof shape, long screws in the ends of the wood piece, and then the bottom was cut to the windshield shape and a few shorter screws around the perimeter held it in. Visors folded flat against it. I put the radio in the switch panel hole after opening it up a little. It would be easy and cheap to make with hardware store materials.

I then was in a junkyard in North Carolina in 2013 and saw my radio idea wasn't original. A 78-83 van there had a plastic headliner insert console that had provision for a regular two knob radio centered but mounted at about a 45' angle facing the driver. I should have pulled it.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: overhead console ideas - April 25th 2021 11:57 pm
pontiac59 Welcome to the site ...
Posted By: SDMickey Re: overhead console ideas - May 01st 2021 4:29 am
Like lukester I never saw a Suburban with an overhead console, Sounds pretty cool. If anyone finds one ; I hope it will posted as usual. We had a pretty nice 82' back in the day; one of our many Chevys chevy
Posted By: pontiac59 Re: overhead console ideas - May 02nd 2021 11:47 pm
I had one I drove with the console in it, and later on I pulled one to flip in the junkyard, then never could sell it. Looks like I should have just put it on eBay - this guy wants $150 for one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193809428685
Posted By: lukester Re: overhead console ideas - May 03rd 2021 12:58 am
I was thinking they had the style that goes across the windshield. This style is cool too and has more universal fits.
Posted By: kursed Re: overhead console ideas - May 03rd 2021 1:04 am
A lot of Astro vans had that down the center style. My 2000 does as well.
© Vannin' Community and Forums