Vannin' Home
Posted By: Lenard Trivial van acesssories daydream - October 23rd 2021 4:42 am
If you're like me you may have found the build sheet under the front seat of a vehicle you own. Its fun to imagine all the different options that are available on that sheet. It seems like the vans we drive can be configured for so many conditions that it truly curious. Engine size, transmissions, gas tank size, there are many options for global users. There are so many options that we may never see.I am not talking about the extra holes in the frame of my van, I am talking about the two doors in the back, to be specific the interior doors.
Besides having a number of holes, not matching on each side, there is on both sides a slot and rectangular indention on both doors, I imagine that something was meant to be hung on both sides of the interior of both doors
So there is the mystery, what was meant to hang inside those doors?
ps I know there are more important things to be concerned about, this is just for our own van entertainment.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Trivial van acesssories daydream - October 23rd 2021 5:13 am
A 1993 dealer show room floor sales brochure ...

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Dealer 172 point check list ...

https://www.chevrolet.com/content/d...-12-02414checklist-fixed-v2-10-28-16.pdf
Posted By: Lenard Re: Trivial van acesssories daydream - October 23rd 2021 2:14 pm
Thats interesting, all the trim levels, headliners, they use the word trim alot, rear heater for the rear seat? ,2 levels of sound dampening, 2 levels of window tint. they can build em in many ways,
I bought a few cop cars and I like the basic exterior trim levels, makes for a real good looking car.
I did notice something in there that may relate to the rear doors and my question, a defroster, I would guess that it may have been an electric blower, although it could have been that wire on glass type.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Trivial van acesssories daydream - October 23rd 2021 6:37 pm
Wire in the glass with a wire plug into the bottom of the window frame.. is one of those holes you speak of ?

The rear heater sits next to the 3rd row of seats on the driver side .. my '93 had it but not my '92.
Posted By: Lenard Re: Trivial van acesssories daydream - October 24th 2021 9:30 pm
No, no wire, I was thinking one of those holes for a fan.I was trying to make sense of all the holes and slots in my back doors of my cargo van, I don't have anything but painted metal door, so I can see everything.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Trivial van acesssories daydream - October 25th 2021 1:34 am
Time to make some door panels ...
Posted By: Dyno_Dave Re: Trivial van acesssories daydream - October 25th 2021 1:47 pm
Some holes are there as assembly and service aids.

I can lay claim to a large access hole on the door of the M/L (Astro/Safari) vans after their '95 refresh, added for service, and for the plant to be able to remove dropped items that otherwise would have gone down the line rattling, driving future owners nuts.
© Vannin' Community and Forums