Vannin' Home
Posted By: Lenard The dreaded wiper motor change - October 10th 2021 5:39 pm
Hi
After poking around the new on how to change the wiper motor I am found this great place. Yes, I am pretty sure its the control board, and I know I can fix it, I work on that sort of solid state stuff. I been tugging on the wire to get the motor to run for awhile
So in researching the web I found that my 95 g20 van must have more metal or air conditioning ducts than anything I saw on utube, really more metal. One video told me if I removed the cowling under the steering wheel, I might be able to get to the control board, no way, didn't help at all.
So now it seems to me that the best way would be to remove the top dash cover, and maybe I'll be looking at those 3 screws that hold the motor in.
I have the dash off once before, I've forgotten if its alot of work?
Any tips are great, I cannot see how you could ever do this from under the dash,

One more thing, I saw the recent post on wipers but could not see the pictures on flicker, no account.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: The dreaded wiper motor change - October 10th 2021 8:23 pm
Are you sure its not just the relay ? Thats what goes before the motor or board.
Posted By: Lenard Re: The dreaded wiper motor change - October 11th 2021 2:48 am
I was yanking the wire and the wipers would come on so I was thinking that would be it, but I didn't know of a relay, the location? Thanks,
I see those ext WB vans once in awhile, I like the way they look, the city has a few of them, if I didn't have van, I'd go to auction and buy one,
but I bet they are pretty beat.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: The dreaded wiper motor change - October 11th 2021 3:19 am
Its under the dash .... not sure where .... Ive had these long boys for 2 decades
Posted By: Rusty Pancelode Re: The dreaded wiper motor change - October 12th 2021 11:15 pm
Originally Posted by Lenard
Hi

...I have the dash off once before, I've forgotten if its alot of work?...

It's a whole lot of steps, but it's not that hard.
Posted By: Lenard Re: The dreaded wiper motor change - October 13th 2021 3:44 am
I took the dog house off, and looked but I got no closer,
My van is very similar to yours, I have the same bumpers with the rubber bumpers, also I have a thick black belt line, chrome mirrors.
My 95 caprice from the Highway patrol had those black wheels and beauty rings, I miss them darn.
But getting back to the wiper motor, I can see one screw holding it in and there are three, there is flanged metal for the steering wheel
and I cannot see a clear way to do it.
I done plenty of work to my van that hard, I replaced a heater core, had to remove the dash..
Posted By: OVANNER Re: The dreaded wiper motor change - October 13th 2021 2:00 pm
Let me know what you find as I have a 95 sitting here with the same issue!
Posted By: Rusty Pancelode Re: The dreaded wiper motor change - October 13th 2021 5:23 pm
If you have to remove the dash, I posted some step-by-step instructions here:
(it's the second post in the thread)

https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubb...95-chevy-g20-wiper-motor.html#Post781567
Posted By: Lenard Re: The dreaded wiper motor change - October 15th 2021 3:54 am
I am 99% sure that the problem will be the circuit board, I live in Los Angeles and its a news event when we get rain, and so I know the motor has low mileage.
From what I've seen the motors are really well made, but circuit boards are something else.
© Vannin' Community and Forums