Vannin' Home
Posted By: Mikeburkey Lowering 94 g20 - July 31st 2019 1:30 am
I'm sure this has been on here a million times but I couldn't find anything straightforward. What is the best way to lower the van? It's a 94' g20.
Posted By: Death or victory Re: Lowering 94 g20 - July 31st 2019 1:46 am
G series vans share the same suspension as C series 2wd pick ups. There are dropped spindles for the front, lowered spring, coil overs, tubular a arms...the whole thing. Rear is standard leaf springs so common options there like de-arcing or new dropped springs. It really depends on how many inches you want to drop it and what the condition of your roads are.

I had a friend who went the dropped spindle route but used g30(1 ton) springs because of their stiffer spring rate to help bottoming out. Vans put a considerable amount more weight over the front wheels and this is meant to assist with that.

Cutting your front coils is also an option, that’s a pretty cheap way to go. For my dodge I have way fewer options besides really expensive spindles and I may go the cut coil route since I’m only trying to get a 1-2” drop in the front.

Google is your friend so look through the vast catalogs for c series parts and you’ll be good to go
Posted By: NEmery Re: Lowering 94 g20 - July 31st 2019 4:59 pm
I am quite a fan of vans that are raked a bit, so if I were to lower one, I would just buy fresh springs for the front and cut a coil off of them. The amount of rake you would have would be dependant on how much sag you have in the rear.
© Vannin' Community and Forums