Vannin' Home
Posted By: athlonman 110" WB driveshaft alternatives - June 19th 2018 12:02 pm
My driveshaft got a little manged when I attempted to replace my u-joints! Stupid me I used a press to remove the old u-joints which worked well but I should of used a vice to install new but I thought. Why not use the press! bad idea! Long story short I need a new driveshaft for the stubby van 1995 GMC vandura g2500 110" WB with the 4.3L v6.

No wreckers around me have one and I was wondering if anyone knows if the driveshaft from an astro / safari van would fit? or know of any cross capatibility?

thanks!
Posted By: Hasan Ben Sobar Re: 110" WB driveshaft alternatives - June 19th 2018 11:54 pm
Gotta be a drive line shop somewhere near you.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: 110" WB driveshaft alternatives - June 20th 2018 12:23 am
Welcome to the site .... I agree with the above statement. a drive shop can make you a drive shaft EASY !
Posted By: athlonman Re: 110" WB driveshaft alternatives - June 21st 2018 3:23 pm
I was able to fix it! had to torch out the crushed u-joints and buff up where the cups are pressed in. Then two trips to the auto parts store! Turns out my issue was too thick of a c-clip! Brought the driveshaft right to the parts counter and opened every u-joint box they had for that size until we found the type with thinner clips. The MOOG's were no good and the SKF fit! FYI
© Vannin' Community and Forums