Vannin' Home
Posted By: rexrogers U-haul Car Hauler- Will a shorty fit? - June 05th 2018 2:47 am
Will a 70's swb Chevy van fit on a U-Haul Car hauler?
Posted By: Hasan Ben Sobar Re: U-haul Car Hauler- Will a shorty fit? - June 05th 2018 2:53 am
Yes and no. U-Haul has different size car haulers. Get the measurements from the outside tire surface. (Outer track measurements). Then go down to U-Haul and walk around and measure the trailers for fit. DO NOT tell them what you are hauling. Make something up. Yes, I'm telling you to LIE to them. I have a 2500 Cummins RAM with the tow package and they told me it "wasn't enough truck". This was so they could rent me a F-250 with less capabilities.
Posted By: CatFish Re: U-haul Car Hauler- Will a shorty fit? - June 05th 2018 3:52 am
yeah
Tell them it's an old Falcon or something.
Posted By: rexrogers Re: U-haul Car Hauler- Will a shorty fit? - June 05th 2018 1:20 pm
I kind of figured I'd need to do that. I'll tell them it's a '61 VW Bug.

Thanks a ton for the help! Much appreciated!

Posted By: Hasan Ben Sobar Re: U-haul Car Hauler- Will a shorty fit? - June 05th 2018 5:54 pm
Tell them it's a 79 Datsun 620 TWO WHEEL DRIVE with large tires so they don't question the wide trailer request.
Posted By: cooper Re: U-haul Car Hauler- Will a shorty fit? - June 08th 2018 4:42 am
Yes, it will fit on Auto-transport trailer. from U-haul, brought my 76 swb from AZ, rode just fine
© Vannin' Community and Forums