Vannin' Home
Posted By: bedbuggin Bumpers - for starters. - April 04th 2018 1:59 am
New here and to vans as well. I have a 1984 Chevy C10. A shorty if you will.

Question is about front and rear bumpers - Are they the same as the pickup trucks? Looking for new chrome front and read bumpers that are quality made. I've found LMC trucks online and was wondering if they could be/should be bought through them if they are compatible. Or if anyone can point me in the direction for online part suppliers.

Also while I'm at it - if its not too painful, can someone break down what is interchangeable and what is not? I plan on doing suspension and break work before anything but I'm not sure what fits what. Or what I can upgrade to (better than stock) for these projects moving forward.

Thanks in advance~!
Posted By: bedbuggin Re: Bumpers - for starters. - April 04th 2018 11:52 pm
Just posting a reply because i don't see the post on the forum. Can only access it if I click on my name and then click the list from history. Anyone see this post?
Posted By: Lionvan Re: Bumpers - for starters. - April 05th 2018 12:17 am
Yes
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Bumpers - for starters. - April 05th 2018 1:09 am
Yes I can see it .... I dont know the answer but I see it .
Posted By: Gladiator Re: Bumpers - for starters. - April 05th 2018 1:55 am
If you search 15975716 on eBay, you'll find a few reproductions of the rear bumper, not sure about the quality of them but they look just like the original.

The front bumper I've been having trouble finding, but the front bumper from any 78-91 g-van will match up from what I gather.
Posted By: bedbuggin Re: Bumpers - for starters. - April 05th 2018 11:57 am
Thanks guys!

Short question is - Are the C pickup truck bumpers the same for vans?
Posted By: CatFish Re: Bumpers - for starters. - April 05th 2018 1:42 pm
Originally Posted by bedbuggin
Thanks guys!

Short question is - Are the C pickup truck bumpers the same for vans?
The short answer is no.
Posted By: bedbuggin Re: Bumpers - for starters. - April 05th 2018 6:57 pm
Can anyone point me to a site that sells reman chrome bumpers (front and rear) that fit an 84 G10?
Posted By: Gladiator Re: Bumpers - for starters. - April 06th 2018 2:54 am
Don't see much from the traditional parts websites lately, except for paint to match non chrome bumpers, but eBay has a few chrome rear bumpers.
1978-1996 G-Van chrome rear bumpers
Posted By: bedbuggin Re: Bumpers - for starters. - April 06th 2018 3:33 pm
Thanks for the info Gladiator
© Vannin' Community and Forums