Vannin' Home
Posted By: Stevie Craiger SS won't fit on my 95 G20 wtf,other wheel options? - December 24th 2017 8:28 pm
The tire shop said that they could not get my new Craiger SS from Summit to fit on my van because the center hub bore was too small & the wheels would not go on all the way. I have seen this wheel on many vans & never heard of this problem.I assume they must have changed the design since craiger was bought out. Does anyone know of a similar type wheel like US Wheels # 462 there are not a lot of choices in a 15x6 5x5. I thought I would check with you guys first before I make another mistake.How about just putting trim rings on the stock wheels?
They come in many different sizes and center bore diameters. You bought the wrong ones. If they didn’t mount the tires hopefully you can exchange them for the correct size?
The minimum center bore size you need for the '95 G20 is 3.25" or, as most wheel manufacturers will list it, 3.30". I have Cragar Nomads with 3.30" center bore on both our '93 and '95 G20's.
As for the 61 series S/S Cragars.
The Cragar S/S #61615 and #61617 do not list a center bore size. They are the 5x4.5/4.75/5 shank lug wheels, 6" wide with 2" and 3.25" B/S. I do not know their bore size.
However, the Cragar S/S # 61C565032 is a conical seat lug, 5x5 pattern, 6" wide, 3.25" B/S wheel with a 3.58" center bore and should fit fine with room to spare.

For everyone's "nickel knowledge book",
If you mount tires on wheels that won't fit they won't take 'em back. No if's, and's or but's........I'll tell ya how I know.
Always test fit every wheel in every position first thing, no matter what the box, part number or sticker might say. I received a wheel that was mis-boxed and mis-labeled. It was a 5x4.75 in a 5x5 box.....I had ordered two 5x5 wheels. I checked it's twin, I assumed they were the same, no matter, they won't take it back.

BTW Stevie...do you trust the tire shop? Are they good guys?
It's the Craiger S/S # 61C56032 The 3.58" is only for a quarter inch or so then it quickly necks down. Tires were never mounted they can be returned.Tire shop is a big place and has had good service in the past on all our cars.
© Vannin' Community and Forums