Vannin' Home
Posted By: chevydude1987 My search for new LCAs has come to a sad end. - October 09th 2017 6:34 pm
I have been searching the web like crazy and just can't seem to find new lower control arms. I know that have been discontinued but thought that they would have been aftermarket by now. I can't even seem to find compatible ones. The ball joints are new and are a bit loose. Had them welded for extra measures. Just don't like the bit loose idea. Did fine on a 7 hour trip to Yosemite. Gotta get the van ready for my next trip in March to Oatman, AZ. The van, AKA Elmer, is almost 100% restored. The LCAs have been the hardest parts to find new.

Also, what year G20 are compatible LCAs?? Thanks.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: My search for new LCAs has come to a sad end. - October 09th 2017 8:38 pm
https://www.1aauto.com/control-arm-...RwmgKcMY7F2qfFG-C9LQX_e1bAIaAnAdEALw_wcB

https://www.ebay.com/b/Control-Arms-Parts-for-Chevrolet-G20-Van/33583/bn_1349998

Posted By: chevydude1987 Re: My search for new LCAs has come to a sad end. - October 09th 2017 8:46 pm
Thanks. But the 1aauto is for the upper control arm. And the ebay is for a p/u c20. Reads not compatible with with my '87 G20.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: My search for new LCAs has come to a sad end. - October 09th 2017 9:18 pm
I stand corrected ! Those popped up for your 87 g20 van search. sry
Posted By: chevydude1987 Re: My search for new LCAs has come to a sad end. - October 10th 2017 12:49 am
I don't why the discreption would say G20 but when I open the link it reads not compatible with G20. What gives??
Posted By: Lettercraft Re: My search for new LCAs has come to a sad end. - October 10th 2017 1:05 am
Same thing on G20350 manifolds. You can find drivers side all day. passenger side? Nothing!
Posted By: chevydude1987 Re: My search for new LCAs has come to a sad end. - October 10th 2017 1:12 am
Originally Posted by Lettercraft
Same thing on G20350 manifolds. You can find drivers side all day. passenger side? Nothing!

That's crazy. Why is it like that? One side but not the other? Don't people know that you can't function w/o the other.
Posted By: BudVanBeer1 Re: My search for new LCAs has come to a sad end. - October 10th 2017 1:19 am
What about just having new bushings installed? ...or am I missing something?
Posted By: chevydude1987 Re: My search for new LCAs has come to a sad end. - October 10th 2017 1:29 am
Originally Posted by BudVanBeer1
What about just having new bushings installed? ...or am I missing something?

Bushings are not the problem. It's the ball joints. The hole on the LCA got just a hair too big from lack of replacing the worn ball joints from the previous owner that new ball joints have a bit of play. The ball joints won't pop out (I hope not anyways) but you can feel that the ball joint are a bit loose so I had the ball joints welded so now there's no play. Not too comfy with that. I did find a '95 G20 in the junk yard so I think that might be the route I'll have to go.
Posted By: Overdrive915 Re: My search for new LCAs has come to a sad end. - October 10th 2017 7:32 pm
Have you tried https://www.carid.com I did see some there when I was looking for spares for my 1984 G 20 before I decided to convert to 4x4.
Posted By: jcd74 Re: My search for new LCAs has come to a sad end. - October 11th 2017 2:37 am
Moog last year was to provide a lower arm for the C-10, the r series loaded, it never happened. Even lift spindles for the C10 have disappeared. I have the part numbers somewhere, they showed it on there site. It seams that the support for the 3/4 control arm is dead. It all comes down to our lower control arm shaft, it was only used for our vans and the 2WD Suburban and Blazer. The C10 uses the 1.5" shaft and shares the same arm. It makes no sense as the 3/4 is the most common van. Our 2 inch control arm shafts are rare. In order to survive we may need to change to the 30 arm and ream out the spindle and drill out our crossmembers for the 1.5" shaft, It is the most common of the GM trucks 73-96. Only our vans carried out the front end design till ' 96, C truck changed in 88. PM if you really need a set, it bothers me that your driving on welded BJ's. They came off a late model conversion.
Posted By: TunaBoat Re: My search for new LCAs has come to a sad end. - July 15th 2018 11:07 am
Any chance you have another set? This sucks looking all over hell for these damn things when these vans were mass produced!
Posted By: jcd74 Re: My search for new LCAs has come to a sad end. - July 15th 2018 10:23 pm
Sorry, I got none left.
© Vannin' Community and Forums