Vannin' Home
Posted By: BigTime windscreen seal - September 13th 2017 1:44 am
i am looking for a w/screen weatherstrip/seal/gasket for my 1987 g20' where do you guy's get them from?i looked at rockauto and couldn't find one there, i have contacted steele rubber and am waiting for reply,i am hoping someone on forum can give me a heads up thank's fella's
Posted By: frscke1 Re: windscreen seal - September 13th 2017 2:31 am
Several different styles ... so here it is discussed

https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbthreads.php/topics/617407/1
Posted By: BigTime Re: windscreen seal - September 13th 2017 5:33 am
thank's frscke1,i think i am in a bit of trouble, three glass shop's so far and they cant help,not many g2o's in Australia,and so far not one fitter that will try!seems somewhere along the way another screen has been fitted (and seal)and it is wrong.i need to walk away from this for awhile ,never had a vehicle that has tortured me like this before
Posted By: CatFish Re: windscreen seal - September 13th 2017 12:39 pm
The glass shops will tell you it's wrong because their parts books don't list a gasket and gasket type windshield for later models. (after 1980) GM made a change in very late 1979. The body sheetmetal is the same, only the glass is different and the earlier gaskets and glass will fit just fine. It was/is a common swap here. Our 1994 came with a glue-in type and was replaced with the earlier gasket style. We told them is was a 1978 and everything fit great with no problems.

http://www.steelerubber.com/windshield-gasket-70-2465-50

Fits 1971 thru 1980....gasketed windshields.
Posted By: CatFish Re: windscreen seal - September 13th 2017 12:50 pm
Here's the Precision part # for the seal/gasket:
Precision WBL 853
smile
Posted By: BigTime Re: windscreen seal - September 13th 2017 9:52 pm
thank's fella's i am waiting to hear from mark's glass and precision,i have my fingers crossed,just want to drive the wheels of this,have had it sooo long now and have only done maybe 50 mile,also just fitted white walls and it look's ok.thank's again...
Posted By: BigTime Re: windscreen seal - September 13th 2017 10:29 pm
just found one on ebay the seller is steelerubber so thing's are looking up thank's again!!!!
Posted By: CatFish Re: windscreen seal - September 13th 2017 11:35 pm
Groovey!
Posted By: BigTime Re: windscreen seal - September 25th 2017 10:48 pm
i got my w/shield gasket from rubbersteele and am wondering is there a locking trim for this? just wondering, the fitter think's there should be...
© Vannin' Community and Forums