Vannin' Home
Posted By: blackpearl Chevy G10 window vent seals - June 04th 2017 3:46 am
Looking for window vent seals/post seals for 1976 Chevy G10
Do the truck ones fit? Can I at least get a post seal from a truck of the era to fit?

Any help appreciated.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Chevy G10 window vent seals - June 04th 2017 3:58 am
Welcome to the site blackpearl ........
Posted By: CatFish Re: Chevy G10 window vent seals - June 04th 2017 1:24 pm
Originally Posted by blackpearl
Looking for window vent seals/post seals for 1976 Chevy G10
Do the truck ones fit? Can I at least get a post seal from a truck of the era to fit?
Any help appreciated.

Have you tried LMC? http://www.lmctruck.com/
Posted By: blackpearl Re: Chevy G10 window vent seals - June 04th 2017 8:27 pm
LMC doesn't have any listed in the Van section but does in the Truck area, that's part of why I asked. Seems LMC would know enough to put the parts in the area if they were interchangeable. But just trying to see if anyone has more info.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Chevy G10 window vent seals - June 04th 2017 9:15 pm
No I dont think they do that. If was made for a truck they list it for a truck. Even tho its interchangeable.

Call them & ask if it fits.

http://www.lmctruck.com/van/
Posted By: NateB Re: Chevy G10 window vent seals - June 05th 2017 10:03 am
If you don't have any luck with aftermarket, see if there is a GM part number molded into your old gasket. Your local GM dealer may still be able to get them or try this site. I've had luck with them in the past.

www.partsvoice.com
Posted By: Wedgy Re: Chevy G10 window vent seals - June 05th 2017 5:01 pm
Ahoy there blackpearl, Welcome to the site!

A check in a 85 - 91 GVan parts book gives numbers for the leading angled/bottom flat weatherstrip portion as #14001737 left and #14001738 right. The vertical rear weatherstrip portion is shown, but no part number listed. It's in a screw on channel, included in the front door window/leading run channel, which includes all of the vent window assembly except for the locking handle.

The part numbers for the Vent window glass are # 14001741 & 42, #14001745, & 46. If you'd like to compare to truck applications.

Weatherstrip. Arrrrgh. Might just be the way to go.

Good luck, hope this helps!
Posted By: blackpearl Re: Chevy G10 window vent seals - June 08th 2017 11:09 pm
I will have to take a look and will let you know what I find. Don't think those part numbers are too useful since the vans a 76.
And will try to call LMC and see what they say. Also can't really pull the vent out yet to check for part numbers, I have to work on it in the streets of a city. So it's kind of a one day project with the parts as I can't leave the window out. I'll have to check around for a dealer. You know all the normal car dealerships in San Francisco such as Ford, GM don't even exist in the city limits anymore. It's all ridiculous high end car places. It's weird out here sometimes. Too bad I don't need a part for a Lamborghini or Tesla...

Thanks for the help and I will update the thread when I get more information.
Posted By: Wedgy Re: Chevy G10 window vent seals - June 09th 2017 3:37 pm
Hey, oldskool73,

Yeah. The Streets of San Franscisco... Giants have a nice ballpark though!

I know it's not how it was, for sure, but try finding a cool parts guy at a smaller Chevy dealer. Like maybe out in Gilroy... Lol

Dealer, Speed shop, Machine shop. Car or Truck Recycling. Car, Truck, Van Clubs. They are out there.

Try Carlos at A&B Truck Recycling in San Diego.
800 544 7657 He's good. Tell him the guy with the Big Red 4x4 Van sentcha. I believe they ship. I'd bet He'd have it.

I'm not sure if your 76 vent windows are the same, but 3rd generation G Vans run from 1971 through 1996.

Just threw the part numbers out there for a reference to start with if you can find someone who will help you dig.

Again, good luck and good Hunting!
Posted By: blackpearl Re: Chevy G10 window vent seals - September 10th 2017 10:30 pm
Had to take a break from the project, but should be getting back to it soon. Just figure I would update and not leave this thread abandoned. After contacting steel rubber a few time they recommended sending me samples of the universal fit stuff since they didn't make what I was looking for. But I never got a chance to do that. Then I recently checked their website and now it has vent window seals and post seals listed! It's not cheap but at least a direct fit. Guess my hassling them via email worked (or at least I can pretend that's the reason.) Should hopefully get to finishing that project later in the month.
© Vannin' Community and Forums