Vannin' Home
Posted By: wbud What headers may fit to Chevy G30 with 350cid? - November 05th 2012 4:02 pm
I have G30 van 350cid stock engine.
According Summit Racing, Hedman Street Hedders (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hed-69066) may fit to my van. This is Silver ceramic coated, 3" collector diameter. I'm going to use headers with Walker mufflers (3" inlet\2.5" outlet).
Is it coorect choice for my 350cid engine?

The second choice is Hooker Competition Headers (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hok-2459hkr) - it's painted, 2.5" collector diameter. It's cheaper, but is is good like ceramic coated headers?

Posted By: fatvanman Re: What headers may fit to Chevy G30 with 350cid? - November 05th 2012 6:10 pm
The Hedman headers fit. I have them on my van
hedman headers
Posted By: phils Re: What headers may fit to Chevy G30 with 350cid? - November 05th 2012 6:10 pm
which year is your van. on summit racing "G30 VAN" is from 70-74 and "G30" is from 75-2002 so watch which ones you order.

so for my 94, according to summit racing Headders these are the ones i need, but im a bit skeptical of the reliability of the website filtering. tho summit seems to be the most accurate.
Posted By: fatvanman Re: What headers may fit to Chevy G30 with 350cid? - November 05th 2012 6:21 pm
My van is a 1975 G20 with a lot of 1994 parts thrown in. I had to notch the 1994 transmission crossmember to allow clearance for the exhaust, but that was it. And as I have a slightly smaller doghouse than you do there shouldn't be a problem for you. I have plenty of pics posted on my cardomain page if you click the link at the bottom.
Posted By: shaggy Re: What headers may fit to Chevy G30 with 350cid? - November 05th 2012 8:55 pm
Mines a '79 G30 and I have Hedmans on it. I bought them from the UK too they were £130 from customville . They are not ceramic coated though.
Posted By: wbud Re: What headers may fit to Chevy G30 with 350cid? - November 06th 2012 6:26 am
yeah, mines is '79 too.

I'm afraid, painted headers become rusty very fast.
Do you feel diffirence between stock collectors and headers?

Go ceramic coated....painted headers were never intended for year round use through all weather conditions...ceramics will last 3-4 times as long.....
Posted By: phils Re: What headers may fit to Chevy G30 with 350cid? - November 06th 2012 11:51 am
Originally Posted by fatvanman
The Hedman headers fit. I have them on my van
hedman headers

vanman did you fit them yourself? ive heard you have to lift the van up a bit to get the angle to get them in, true?
Posted By: pigpen Re: What headers may fit to Chevy G30 with 350cid? - November 11th 2012 2:39 pm
Holy Moly those are pricey! Obviously I haven't priced headers in a long time!
Posted By: fatvanman Re: What headers may fit to Chevy G30 with 350cid? - November 11th 2012 4:37 pm
Originally Posted by wbud

Do you feel diffirence between stock collectors and headers?

Oh yes, you do feel the difference. The stock manifolds really do restrict flow. It's like the difference between a drinking straw and a fire hose. And they aren't really difficult to install. You need to do it from underneath the van as it can't be done from up top, so you will need to lift the front up.
Hey guys!
This thread was a great help to me, I ended up going the route of the Hedman headers, shorty plugs, and paint for my 1978 G30 Ambulance project.
I noticed a performance increase (judging from the seat of my pants lol).
My favorite part is the sound, Nothing beats a big block withe headers!
Anyway, I filmed the whole thing so if links work here (sorry I am new) you can see how I did it.
Its a 3 part video, I posted the last part here because its the most interesting but the others are out there if you need them
Hope someone finds this helpful!
https://youtu.be/C2uqP5ij9kU
If the link doesn't work, just look for the YouTube channel: JeepSheepTV
Posted By: gritboyweir Re: What headers may fit to Chevy G30 with 350cid? - October 09th 2019 5:55 pm
Great video G30CamperLance - I have a 1991 G10 I just installed these on and the header on the passenger side comes out right in front of the cross member - was wondering if you modified your cross member or if the stock older transmission cross member is just different? thanks
Transmission cross member is definitely different as your van has an overdrive vs the other TH350/400 trans. Post a few pictures so we can potentially suggest a workable solution
© Vannin' Community and Forums