Vannin' Home
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/08...om-1970s-in-massachusetts-woods.amp.html

[Linked Image]

They paid $25,000 for it.

P. T. Barnum was right........
Whats that a fool N his money will soon be parted

There's a sucker born every minute.....lol
I dunno. A little seafoam and new tires, and she should be good to go.
Watched that epeisode last week.
Cool piece of history though.
dream on
GoFundMe page in 3....2......
Poor thing is a turd,they paid $25K for the silly painting on the side..now if they Dig up Bobbies van Straight Arrow ...lol now that will be a find
Oh c'mon ….. that'll buff right up and be runnin' in no time …LOL .... sometimes there are advantages to being poor …. I wouldn't have given a plug nickel for that thing, but then again, Mike and Frank have some very wealthy & strange clients???
There will be some rich poseur dot com geek who wants to try and relive his childhood so he will pay stupid money for the van and think it makes him cool.
Its a show guys, the $25k is less than they spend on catering for the crew, they got a whole episode out of that van, and even bigger bonus is that all the free advertising the show has got from people talking about it , like here, but its been mentioned on lots of other forums so they scored big time even if they just send it direct to the junkyard
Meanwhile, people that actually like the vannin hobby and enjoy it are getting screwed because people think that rusty pile of crap van in the back yard must be worth $10k because of that van they saw on American Pickers, or some other ridiculous "reality" show or TV auction. It drives prices up for everybody until the only people who can afford it are the rich people who started driving the prices up in the first place.
A lot of the shows are staged and scripted. They were in a town close to me a few years ago, the episode on TV made it sound like the guys were just riding down the road and decided to take a road off the beaten path and found an old tavern in the town, when actually the ghostsbusters show had been to the tavern and notified the pickers that they thought they should check out the place for all the antiques in the place. The local newspaper article wasn't even close to how the scenes were portrayed on the show. I must say that Mike and Frank were very nice guys, mingled and chatted with all the locals, my cousin had his pic taken with them. My Father-in-Law was just in Nashville and stopped at the pickers store, he said it was a joke, and all memorabilia was high priced. Same with Pawn Stars, the show isn't even filmed in the actual business, but a building around the corner, and lately it seems like a lot of folks just bring their rare items to the shop, not really caring if they sell the stuff, but to just have it appraised and showcased on national TV. And a lot of their lines are scripted, no way is Chumley smart enough to give the replies he comes up with.
© Vannin' Community and Forums