Vannin' Home
Posted By: OVANNER Hemming News - October 05th 2017 4:24 pm
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2017/...he-bar-for-custom-van-prices/?refer=news
Posted By: Dyno_Dave Re: Hemming News - October 05th 2017 7:56 pm
Nice! Can't wait to see the auction results.
Posted By: Wedgy Re: Hemming News - October 06th 2017 1:17 am

Best Auction ever! Thanks for the great story OVANNER.
Posted By: OVANNER Re: Hemming News - October 06th 2017 6:33 pm
I am wondering what people will pay as well. Wonder if there will be a reserve? I may have to be a call in bidder!
Posted By: BigTime Re: Hemming News - October 06th 2017 8:48 pm
i love the 6 wheeler dodge! but what would it be like to turn would the rear axle drag ?or would it have some sort of "walking beam" setup to allow it too,just wondering is all.
Posted By: Wedgy Re: Hemming News - October 06th 2017 9:49 pm
Road Trip!
"Hey Ron, come on down to the Auction! It's gonna be a good one!"
Posted By: Meanmachine Re: Hemming News - October 06th 2017 11:53 pm
All but the G20 with sell without a reserve. Somebody may get a nice van at a great price. Be interesting to watch this.
Posted By: tide Van Collection for sale - October 09th 2017 11:48 am
https://www.hemmings.com/newsletter/newsletter?id=2004&tv=1
Posted By: Reed Hemming News - October 09th 2017 3:41 pm
Great. Now the hipsters and poseurs will start wanting to be "cool" and buying up all the vans and parts, driving up proces for the rest of us. The only good thing I can see coming out of this is MAYBE more aftermarket support for the old classic vans and MAYBE new production of vintage-style accessories. Hang onto your van if you've got one, chances are the old ones will soon be priced out of reach for you.
Posted By: tide Hemming News - October 09th 2017 11:01 pm
How many more collections are out there
Posted By: Death or victory Re: Hemming News - October 09th 2017 11:46 pm
Originally Posted by Reed
Great. Now the hipsters and poseurs will start wanting to be "cool" and buying up all the vans and parts, driving up proces for the rest of us. The only good thing I can see coming out of this is MAYBE more aftermarket support for the old classic vans and MAYBE new production of vintage-style accessories. Hang onto your van if you've got one, chances are the old ones will soon be priced out of reach for you.

How about a tad bit of respect that these younger people (I'm 37) are enjoying continuing the tradition of vans like you did, whenever it was you got into vans. Can you say that you got into vans because you thought they were cool? Im sure you can. "Oh man, I hate these lame vans, they are boring" said no one ever. And did you not buy cool parts for your van afterwards? Just is a bit harsh to generalize all those that come after you like that.
Posted By: Reed Re: Hemming News - October 10th 2017 4:46 am
Hey, I’m only 39. I got into vans about 18 years ago because I thought they were cool and fit my needs, not because I thought they were a good investment or were the next “happening thing.” I hope more people do get into vans but not in a mega-bucks overpriced car auction way. Maybe it is just because I live close to Seattle and have watched hipsters and poseurs take over and destroy numerous “scenes” over the years. As soon as something goes “mainstream popular” it usually isn’t as fun for the people who started it. Usually the people who started it get priced out and marginalized. Sorry, but that has been my experience.
Posted By: CatFish Re: Hemming News - October 13th 2017 3:22 am
The younger folks (20's and 30's) I've talked to, by and large, are drawn to the low cost DIY aspect of vanning. (I'm 66 and I've talked to a bunch of young folks!) They don't have a lot of cash and are not really interested in the "show" vans other than a curiosity. What they really like are the camping vans, the everyday home builts, and the idea of getting together with other people and having a weekend of fun in vans they've made into their own. Check out instagram. They don't care for mega dollar paint jobs or chrome engines but show them a built-in bed, a boondock hot shower set-up or a solar system and they'll flood you with questions. We've had young people ask to take pics of our GMC's interior in grocery store parking lots, gas stations, bank drive-thurs and numerous campgrounds. Had one guy sit and make drawings. We've had young folks who were tent camping near by come to our site and ask to peek inside for ideas. Not because it's a show van or anything special but because we travel in it, camp in it, we did it ourselves and that's what they wanna do. An old cargo van just happens to be the best way to do it. Has been for about 47 or 48 years.

Posted By: thejake Re: Hemming News - October 13th 2017 10:39 am
As someone who falls on the younger side of this, I think the d.i.y. Aspect of it is a lot of what drew me to vanning. My dad’s close friend had a show van when I was a kid, he still has it but it doesn’t run now but I remember he had all the trophies inside of it from different shows. That kind of burned vans as being cool into the back of my head. I’d love to have a crazy show van but the reality for me is that I like my beat up rusty paint not matching van because i get all the joys of it and I can park it in front of my house in Philly and not lose it over a scratch or dent.
Posted By: 1959 Re: Hemming News - October 13th 2017 2:50 pm
I agree 100% with Catfish.

Posted By: Reed Re: Hemming News - October 13th 2017 3:15 pm
I sincerely hope you are right. I live in a place where most younger people can't seem to look up from a computer or phone screen, much less work up the gumption to build a DIY camper out of a van. I truly do hope that more big dollar media attention paid to vans doesn't ruin it for the rest of us. Only time will tell.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Hemming News - October 13th 2017 3:24 pm
Originally Posted by Reed
I sincerely hope you are right. I live in a place where most younger people can't seem to look up from a computer or phone screen,

Thats cause it rains 300+ days a yr where you live ..... trapped inside ....lol
Posted By: Reed Re: Hemming News - October 13th 2017 5:35 pm
Actually, I grew up in Alaska, where cabin fever is a real thing. Every winter everybody would go a little bit crazy from being cooped up inside for six or seven months. I call Western Washington the doldrums because hardly any kind of severe weather or emergency event happens here. It is either warm and wet or cold and wet, temps vary between 35 and 75 most of the year.
Posted By: Meanmachine Re: Hemming News - November 14th 2017 11:37 pm
A couple more days till this auction, anybody know if it will be possible to watch on TV and what station.
© Vannin' Community and Forums