Vannin' Home
Posted By: soundhd 91 CHEVY SHORTY SOUND SYSTEM COMPONENTS - November 22nd 2021 8:02 pm
Have decided on the sound system components for my 1991 Chevy Shorty:
Speakers: (Front Dash - 4x6) Infinity Kappa 463XF
(Front Doors - 6x9): Infinity Kappa 693M
Speaker Baffles: Design Engineering 6x9 Boom Mats
Amplifier: (4 channel); Infinity Kappa Four (will be mounted on back of pass. seat base)
Bass Speaker: Infinity Bass Link Mini (powered) (will be mounted inside of pass seat base)
Receiver: Retrosound Newport M4
Cables:
Crutchfield CK8 (amp wiring kit);
T-Spec VDB4 (Power distribution. block);
(3) Crutchfield Ref. 2 Channel 17ft RCA patch cables.
Already have everything except for the receiver.....
Hopefully it will sound pretty good........

(Will update as I get the different components installed...wiring (speaker & power) and dash speakers will be first...amp, bass unit, receiver and door speakers will not be going in until spring after I get the body work and paint done...)

Update - 12/06/2021: (replaced the photos)
All the new sound system wiring and dash speakers are all in place (behind where the dash cover goes anyway) and "buttoned" up. Coming together. Pretty much the rest will be completed after the body work & paint are finished than have to re-install the dash cover and the receiver along with the amp & base speaker on & under the passenger seat base....

Attached picture VAN NEW AUDIO WIRING 01.jpg
Attached picture VAN NEW AUDIO WIRING 02.jpg
Attached picture VAN NEW AUDIO WIRING 03.jpg
Attached picture VAN NEW AUDIO WIRING 04.jpg
Attached picture VAN NEW AUDIO WIRING 05.jpg
Attached picture VAN NEW AUDIO WIRING 06.jpg
Attached picture VAN NEW AUDIO WIRING 07.jpg
Posted By: SDMickey Re: 91 CHEVY SHORTY SOUND SYSTEM COMPONENTS - November 23rd 2021 8:44 pm
Cruthchfield is a good source for aftermarket electronics
Posted By: soundhd Re: 91 CHEVY SHORTY SOUND SYSTEM COMPONENTS - November 24th 2021 2:40 am
I have been using Crutchfield for a long time for my mobile audio needs.....Very helpful when adding aftermarket audio products (receivers) to OEM speaker systems or having to replace "spent" OEM speakers & amps.
Posted By: Seattle Van Dude Re: 91 CHEVY SHORTY SOUND SYSTEM COMPONENTS - April 19th 2022 4:54 pm
That is some nice work!
Posted By: frscke1 Re: 91 CHEVY SHORTY SOUND SYSTEM COMPONENTS - April 19th 2022 7:22 pm
Why dont you put all this in your build thread instead of making a new one ?

Putting your build all over the forum instead of all it being in 1 place ?

Youll kick yourself later when you want to find something you did that was REALLY COOL to show your friend & you cant find it ....
Posted By: soundhd Re: 91 CHEVY SHORTY SOUND SYSTEM COMPONENTS - August 18th 2022 11:12 am
I think it is best to have the different “sections”…..if one is looking for a specific type of project to start or runs into trouble with one he/she can find it in that “section” ….but I do see your point, maybe when I get the van finished I will post a complete list of everything done in one posting but I am not sure if one can start an “on going project” and be able to add an “update” with photos for each update as each step is completed?

Originally Posted by frscke1
Why dont you put all this in your build thread instead of making a new one ?

Putting your build all over the forum instead of all it being in 1 place ?

Youll kick yourself later when you want to find something you did that was REALLY COOL to show your friend & you cant find it ....
© Vannin' Community and Forums