Vannin' Home
Posted By: Mattdiem courtesy lights keep popping fuse. - December 24th 2017 5:58 pm
with all lights disconnected,and headlight switch disconnected the fuse instantly pops when installed. its shorted to ground, but i dont know where. Is there a relay somewhere? Any idea what a typical courtesy light setup might look like or where to look for an issue. 98 choo choo customs on a dodge 1500. The fuse is behind the rear radio and the wire heads up the pillar just behind the drivers head. I have the TV and trim out and i have the same wire heading back down but there must be some things in between. how do the door switches tie in. For that matter, where is the door switch for the drivers and passengers door?
Posted By: Mattdiem Re: courtesy lights keep popping fuse. - December 24th 2017 10:58 pm
found it...was a pinched wire powering the lights for the mirror in the back of the visor.
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: courtesy lights keep popping fuse. - March 19th 2018 8:39 pm
That will do it. Finding a power problem like that can be a pain in the rear, glad you found it before going nuts !
© Vannin' Community and Forums