Vannin' Home
Posted By: Astro power window woes... - June 01st 2017 1:57 pm
ok.. at some point in the past year, my passenger side window controls stopped working.

I can roll it up/down via the driver's side, but the passenger can't with their control.

I pulled the switch out, tested all the wires, and everything points to a bad switch, but I have tried 2 switches so far and it still doesn't work.
if I jump the wires the same way the switch would, window goes up, window goes down... I have +/- on the correct wires..

I'm not sure what else could be the problem?

(on my 90 astro)
Posted By: Rusty Pancelode Re: power window woes... - June 01st 2017 8:45 pm
Wow, all I can think is that the connector to the switch is not getting a good connection.
I mean, you've replaced the switch (I assume with a new one)...
You've jumpered the wires, and it works...

So...The only thing it could be is either faulty replacement switches, or a bad connection at the switch.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: power window woes... - June 01st 2017 10:05 pm
Is the switch grounding out when installed ?

Posted By: Astro Re: power window woes... - June 01st 2017 10:27 pm
Originally Posted by frscke1
Is the switch grounding out when installed ?

nope, it's all in plastic, not touching anything anywhere.
Posted By: mattmansrus Re: power window woes... - June 30th 2017 5:42 pm
Are they factory power windows or aftermarket? Which vehicle? I would put a multimeter on the wires and see what they do with the driver switch, then compare that to the passenger switch. Also pull the switches and check continuity between contacts when you press the button. If they are high current switches you may find that it's sending the + side through but not the - or vice a versa. If your switch is a single wire type there may be a relay issue.
I wonder if the passenger side ground wire isn't working properly, or if it's separately fused maybe one of your lines is dead.
I've worked on a lot of different window systems and there are a lot of things that can go wrong. It's hard to say without knowing how it's supposed to be wired.
good luck!
© Vannin' Community and Forums