Vannin' Home
Posted By: Mercuryfox50 Howdy! Ben here with an ‘88 G2500 - September 22nd 2021 2:12 am
Hey everyone,
My wife and I decided last year that we wanted to start taking more vacations with our two Aussies. This provided justification me to purchase another toy. After searching for about 6 months, I found a fairly clean, maintained ‘88 GMC G2500 equipped with a 305/TH400. It’s my understanding that the vehicle was owned by a funeral home for several years so the interior is in excellent shape. Thinking it was likely used as a first call vehicle or for flowers. After purchasing, I gave the van a tune-up; added some new Cooper Trendsetters; adapted a rear A/C unit out of a ‘95 conversion van to the OE system; replaced & added several A/C components then charged the system myself; installed some 3M thinsulate; installed some cedar tongue and groove on the ceiling; installed new ACC then built a room in the rear for our one extremely reactive “crazy” dog. Just took a 2,000 road trip in it and she worked out great! Plan to continue finishing the interior, upgrading to an LQ4/4L80e; doing some bodywork and enjoy her for years to come. Thanks for allowing me to join!
Ben
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Howdy! Ben here with an ‘88 G2500 - September 22nd 2021 12:54 pm
Welcome. Sounds like a nice rig. pics
Posted By: Starlord Re: Howdy! Ben here with an ‘88 G2500 - September 23rd 2021 12:16 am
Welcome! Glad you've joined us.
Posted By: lukester Re: Howdy! Ben here with an ‘88 G2500 - September 23rd 2021 2:02 am
Welcome from Florida.

You should start a thread in the readers ride section. We would love to see pictures of your adventures.
© Vannin' Community and Forums