Vannin' Home
Posted By: CaptainKirk Hanging up the Helmet - time for a van! - December 19th 2020 2:44 pm
Greetings!

Kirk here,

Glad to have found this site! I’m done my time riding a motorcycle and selling my 16 Heritage as soon as we get beyond this winter in the frozen north. I live in the Finger Lakes in NY, south of Rochester.

I owned 4 vans in the 70’s and 80’s. 1970 Ford, 1974 Dodge Maxivan with no windows behind the front doors (my mother-in-law to be hated that one!), a1978 Dodge which I finished the entire inside on and a 1984 Dodge Elk conversion van.

I loved them all but now I’ve fallen in love with the smaller ‘60’s vans and will be looking for one as soon as I can sell the bike. Preferably a shorty that is sound physically and mechanically but empty inside. It will probably be a bit of a challenge without shipping it in from somewhere.

Again, glad to have found this place and looking forward to seeing all the resources on here!

CaptainKirk out.......
Posted By: oldskool73 Re: Hanging up the Helmet - time for a van! - December 19th 2020 4:58 pm
Welcome from Florida (originally from LI, NY). I think this is the last place where there is still some of the old vanner "family" attitude left. Good luck with your search (stay active here and you might get lucky).
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Hanging up the Helmet - time for a van! - December 19th 2020 6:29 pm
Welcome welcome ...
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Hanging up the Helmet - time for a van! - December 19th 2020 8:17 pm
welcome to the site.Good luck in your search.
Posted By: lukester Re: Hanging up the Helmet - time for a van! - December 19th 2020 9:44 pm
Welcome from Florida.
Posted By: Starlord Re: Hanging up the Helmet - time for a van! - December 20th 2020 1:49 am
Welcome! I've owned 3 early vans over the years, a Ford, Chevy and Dodge. All of them were fun vans.
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Hanging up the Helmet - time for a van! - December 20th 2020 12:17 pm
Welcome from San Diego. I'm a Bowtie man myself; however love all vans and appreciate good work. I hear you with the Dodge "Old School" gens: the A100 Shorty is Bomb!
I've had all Chevys starting I believe back in 1971: 1967; 1971 and 1974;then a long dry period from 1982 until October of this year: Back in the Saddle with my "4th Bowtie" a 1974 G10 Shorty !

Good luck with your quest; I can relate. This Forum is Great and a wealth of knowledge and experience. I already have my "Circle of Faith" and these guys are Great. Vanner for Life. chevy
© Vannin' Community and Forums