Vannin' Home
Posted By: RollingBald Hello! New here from Colorado. 93 G20 - July 10th 2020 5:09 pm
Hello Everyone!

Sure is nice to find a community like this for my van. Last year I got a 93 G20 REGENCY conversion style, haven't seen too many Regency vans out there (or a single other one yet I should say). Its been such an amazing van and holds my kids just great! Will be posting here to hopefully sort out some stubborn engine issues, i have learned TONS about working on cars with this van but have a long way to go. Its my daily driver and has been great other than a few kinks here and there. its got a 350TBI and i believe a 4l60E trans which i should probably know for sure by now. I am trying to keep it as stock from showroom as possible so I've tried really hard to to add or mess anything up.

Ive had to do a lot of work on this and have learned a lot about working on obd 1 and older cars which has been a blast! I strait piped my 350 ( well i cut the exhaust with a Sawzall and left it cut at where the 2 pipes met and it sure does sound good now) and put in a nice tru-cool trans cooler. Rpm gauge was put in with a trans temp gauge and that's about all I've added extra to it.
Shes been having issues lately with wandering idle so i rebuilt the throttle body and replaced the fuel pump/unit/filter (cut a hatch which has worked out really well since that pump failed and i had to return it). Its running SO much better but still has a wander at idle when its warm after i stop driving. EGR system is all wonky so it's blocked off, i had all new parts on it and it still made my car buck like a bronco when it was hooked up not sure what that was. Now im trying to find this issue where at idle it misses or something i still have to find out.

Ill be replacing the radiator this weekend to try to get my AC going again, its been real hot here so that should be a fun job tomorrow hoping to get that in and the AC diagnosed with regained coolant system pressure.

look forward to all the wisdom here!

Pic of the van!- https://pasteboard.co/Jh1TGgf.jpg
Posted By: lukester Re: Hello! New here from Colorado. 93 G20 - July 10th 2020 5:42 pm
Welcome from Florida.
Nice van.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Hello! New here from Colorado. 93 G20 - July 10th 2020 6:57 pm
Welcome to the site ...
Posted By: Starlord Re: Hello! New here from Colorado. 93 G20 - July 11th 2020 12:19 am
Welcome! I was a member of Colorado Van Association for quite a few years.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Hello! New here from Colorado. 93 G20 - July 11th 2020 4:28 pm
welcome to the site!
Posted By: billybob Re: Hello! New here from Colorado. 93 G20 - July 12th 2020 4:07 pm
Welcome to the site .
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Hello! New here from Colorado. 93 G20 - July 13th 2020 11:57 am
Welcome from San Diego. Hope to see more pics. It looks clean. Good find.
© Vannin' Community and Forums