Vannin' Home
Posted By: FourWheelsOfAdventure Thanks to Frog! - August 29th 2019 9:26 pm
I have owned my 1999 Ford E-150 van for nearly one year, purchased 10/18! I immediately gutted it and started reconstruction, which included removing seats & carpet, adding laminate flooring throughout and building platform bed frame for a double, memory foam mattress. Originally designed to be a travel vehicle, after a 4th knee surgery last winter left me permanently disabled and not able to work, I now live in it. smile

It is auspicious that as I was heading back to Colorado from the Oregon Coast yesterday, I stopped at a wildlife refuge in NW Nevada, which offered free camping with expansive views, an incredible spring pool to swim in and the cleanest pit toilet I have ever seen.

I met a man named Frog, and his lovely wife, who started talking to me about my van. I seriously could not make this story up...
A - they came from Evanston, Wyoming, which is the next stop on my trip
B - they are headed to Grants Pass, Oregon, where I had just come from, for the annul, van convention
C - after seeing my van and how I converted it, they gave me a 2% sticker to show I am an official member of the club!

I feel officially inaugurated! Thanks, Frog! #vanlife
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Re: Thanks to Frog! - August 29th 2019 10:12 pm
2% that is a neat gesture.. I hope all goes well for you and safe journeys friend.
Posted By: Starlord Re: Thanks to Frog! - August 30th 2019 12:49 am
Welcome! There are things going on all over the country depending on the time of the year.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Thanks to Frog! - August 30th 2019 11:40 am
welcome to the site. Events are everywhere. Godd to have ya aboard.
Posted By: CatFish Re: Thanks to Frog! - August 30th 2019 12:04 pm
Welcome 4WOA!
Sept 6 - 9 You can meet some of the BEST people on earth!!
Pikes Peak Van Association's 14th Annual Truck-in at Lake George Cabins & RV Park, 8966 County Rd. 90, Lake George, CO 80827 the theme is Seussville. Restroom, showers, power, live Band, Shot Bar, Beer, games, Costume Party , horse shoes, raffles, spit & shine, buff & bright. Vans and Panel's only. Pre-reg $40 by 8-1, gate $45 van and 2 adults, club trailers $10, sleeping trailers $10, extra people $10, for early arrivals and cabin rental call 719-748-3822. For more info contact: Beeper 720-434-3042 or Cindy-Lou 719-229-7242.
Posted By: Lionvan Re: Thanks to Frog! - August 30th 2019 4:40 pm
I'll be in Howard Lake Mn. That weekend at Ivan and Janes Amusement Park Adventure.
If you want to be a real 2%er you have to go to truckins.
Lots of good runs all over the place,well not much in CO. 2 that I go to sometimes.
Don't wait for Nats. The fun is at all the little Truck ins around the country.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Thanks to Frog! - September 03rd 2019 9:16 pm
welcome aboard
Posted By: lukester Re: Thanks to Frog! - September 23rd 2019 3:30 am
Welcome from Florida
© Vannin' Community and Forums