Vannin' Home
Posted By: Juntao_DW New Vanner from north jersey - March 25th 2019 2:24 pm
Hello Everyone, newish van owner from north jersey. Never was on into full size vehicle had a ton of gm series trucks over the years GMC syclone, and well over a dozen s10's and a blazers and such, but this van has always had a soft spot with me. My father bought the van back in the late 80's its an 88 G20, was the family hauler/ travel vehicle its whole life, and even when I was out a vehicle for a while due to some sort of asinine project i was attempting i'd use it as a daily. Well into his wonder years, it was replaced several times over but he never would sell it, and so it laid on his property since 2007. Flash foward to 2019, and after his passing the general consensus of the family was to scrap, but it means more sentimentally to me than that, and although i would never start a project with such a rough vehicle there's more in memories than worth and so i hope that i can get her restored and running. Specs 88 Beauville, G20 chassis with a 305 auto 123k original miles, new engine installed in 2006 due to a sloppy oil change employee at Jiffy lube. So i look foward to any assistance and info and tech tips i can get and meeting new people on this journey.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Radikals Re: New Vanner from north jersey - March 25th 2019 3:42 pm
Very cool! I think its awesome that you decided against scrapping it. Make her road worthy and come join us at a show! But be warned, once you get bit by the bug... its all over!
Posted By: frscke1 Re: New Vanner from north jersey - March 25th 2019 4:40 pm
Welcome welcome
Posted By: lukester Re: New Vanner from north jersey - March 25th 2019 6:44 pm
Welcome from Florida.
I'm glad to hear that you decided to keep her.
Posted By: Dyno_Dave Re: New Vanner from north jersey - March 26th 2019 12:34 am
Welcome aboard! Glad you are saving it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Juntao_DW Re: New Vanner from north jersey - March 26th 2019 12:54 pm
Thank you guys, I'll start a project thread on it in probably two or three weeks unfortunately time doesn't allow for me to start any sooner. I have a eclipse gsx build that needs to be finished, and would have been except i received a faulty water pump, and my junkyard v8 s10 needs to be put back on the road before i can really wrench on the van. Where i'm working out of garage space is super limited due to the land lord hoarding cars.
Posted By: Gnarlyfoot Re: New Vanner from north jersey - March 26th 2019 1:34 pm
Welcome to the community. Great idea to restore the van. I'm sure after all these years it's become like a member of the family. Best wishes on the restoration.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: New Vanner from north jersey - April 03rd 2019 8:53 pm
welcome aboard
Posted By: 78VanMate Re: New Vanner from north jersey - April 03rd 2019 9:58 pm
Welcome from Minnesota!! welcome welcome
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: New Vanner from north jersey - April 03rd 2019 11:53 pm
welcome to the site.
© Vannin' Community and Forums