Vannin' Home
Posted By: ChevyAndy Hi Everybody - November 23rd 2018 9:22 pm
I am hoping somebody on the forum can help me. I am in Ireland and restoring a 1991 G30 Motorhome, 6.2 V8 Dsl. My problem is i have a cracked windshield which needs replacing. I have been unable to locate one in Europe so i need to find a supplier stateside that can ship the windshield to me. I would appreciate any help from this forum. My G30 appears to be a push in as it has no rubber seal like i have seen on other Chevy vans, just a trim and rubber on the inside. Please help me as i am getting desperate - Andy.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Hi Everybody - November 23rd 2018 10:14 pm
Hi Andy welcome to the site ....

Here's a thread that may help..

https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/734321
Posted By: ChevyAndy Re: Hi Everybody - November 23rd 2018 11:38 pm
Had a look at the comments, all very useful. I am pretty sure my glass is a glue in. Are you able to recommend a supplier stateside i could call and even forward pictures of my current windshield and fittings.

Thanks,
Andy.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Hi Everybody - November 23rd 2018 11:48 pm
Marks Glass is who did both of mine, which are different, one of each. Tell him the guy with the big red van sent you.....

https://www.marksglassservice.com/
Posted By: ChevyAndy Re: Hi Everybody - November 24th 2018 10:43 am
I will do, thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Andy.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Hi Everybody - November 24th 2018 1:17 pm
welcome Andy to the site. Good luck with getting one.
Posted By: Dyno_Dave Re: Hi Everybody - November 24th 2018 1:28 pm
Welcome aboard Andy.

Can you tell us I'd you have already checked with any suppliers here, and if so, who they were?
Posted By: ChevyAndy Re: Hi Everybody - November 24th 2018 10:23 pm
Hi Dave, thanks for the welcome. To be honest no i have not. I was trying my best to source a windshield in Europe as Chevy vans are fairly common in Holland, Germany and Finland so i thought it would be a bit easier. That did not happen. Then i joined some forums but they just gave me links to a local windshield supplier in Ireland , which was pointless. Then there was the whole window discussion, Gasket or push in, which was really confusing being a newbie to Chevy vans, but it was always my dream to own one - even if it had a motorhome on the back, you just can't beat the sound of a Detroit diesel 6.2 V8. Anyway, i am going off topic. No is the simple answer, but i would love to find somebody in the USA that knows Chevy Vans, knows what i need to purchase, where to purchase, and not just the windshield as i will need new rubber and trim as i am pretty sure my van has a push in i.e , outside trim, glass, and rubber liner on the inside of the cab. I looked at a chevy near me owned by shaggy who is on this forum. His chevy had an obvious rubber gasket fit - but his is a 79 G20, Mine is a 91 G30. I can post a picture once i work out how to. Long story short - i need help as my windscreen will not pass our roadworthyness test next March, and i have about 400 hours restoration done so to not be able to drive it after March would be depressing. Thanks, Andy.
Posted By: ChevyAndy Re: Hi Everybody - November 24th 2018 10:35 pm
Thanks for the welcome
Posted By: ChevyAndy Re: Hi Everybody - November 24th 2018 11:13 pm
Thanks for the welcome. Anybody know how i can post a picture, finding it quite hard to do.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Hi Everybody - November 25th 2018 1:08 am
https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubb...posting-pics-from-flickr.html#Post739597
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Hi Everybody - November 26th 2018 10:04 pm
welcome aboard
© Vannin' Community and Forums