Vannin' Home
Posted By: Zubrick New kid on the block... who needs a new block. - October 12th 2018 4:46 am
Hello there Vanners-
It's a sad day for me as my ever dependable 2500 has gone and cracked a manifold and probably worse. After 8 years of faithful service she started spouting plumes of steam. On the flip side I just found the vanning.com internet forum! Mechanic says I need a new engine - any advice, thoughts and opinions welcome... straight swap or an upgrade? Replace the manifold and hope for the best?
She is a 1989 vandura pathfinder 4x4 conversion - 5.7L /350 and goes by the name of Betty. BTW We live in LA.

Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: New kid on the block... who needs a new block. - October 12th 2018 11:23 am
[wecome] wish I could help but not mechanical here.I'm sure you will get some advice here.
Posted By: 1959 Re: New kid on the block... who needs a new block. - October 12th 2018 1:57 pm
Sounds like it is time to build a torquey 350 replacement to help out with the 4x4 duties...
Posted By: frscke1 Re: New kid on the block... who needs a new block. - October 12th 2018 2:03 pm
Welcome to the site ....put a 454 in it ! ! I love this monster so will you .....
Posted By: Zubrick Re: New kid on the block... who needs a new block. - October 12th 2018 2:19 pm
Would it fit?
Posted By: frscke1 Re: New kid on the block... who needs a new block. - October 12th 2018 2:22 pm
YES IT WILL ! ! both of mine are factory .. yours is a 1 ton same as mine.

https://www.powertrainproducts.net/GMC-Vandura-Engines-s/255.htm
Posted By: lukester Re: New kid on the block... who needs a new block. - October 12th 2018 6:33 pm
Lots of custom after market parts are available for the 350. I'm not sure about a 454 but they can be a lot of fun.
Posted By: Dyno_Dave Re: New kid on the block... who needs a new block. - October 13th 2018 12:57 am
Welcome aboard!

[Linked Image]
© Vannin' Community and Forums