Vannin' Home
Posted By: Vanquish Vantastic - September 23rd 2018 5:19 am
Hey all,

I am a former Volkswagen Vanagons owner (air-cooled.. Love the vans, hate the engines!)

I am aspiring to purchase a 1990s North American conversion style Van for regional road trip adventures.

? QUESTION? for anyone out there..

I have web searched all over (including various van sites) but cannot find a single answer to:

What are the approx. Dimensions of the rear-seat fold-down beds in a G20/Vandura, Econoline, or Ram Van?

I am quite narrow but rather long and concerned I will not fit comfortably sleeping in most vans.

Alternately, I would consider removing middle seats + sleeping between front and rear row (dimensions?)

I know everyone likes to customize their vans' interiors but I would like to find something clean & original to start.

Thanks for any help
Van on!!
Posted By: Reed Re: Vantastic - September 23rd 2018 6:20 am
Originally Posted by Jona
Hey all,

Hello and welcome!

I am aspiring to purchase a 1990s North American conversion style Van for regional road trip adventures.

No better vehicle for it!

? QUESTION? for anyone out there..

What are the approx. Dimensions of the rear-seat fold-down beds in a G20/Vandura, Econoline, or Ram Van?

I am quite narrow but rather long and concerned I will not fit comfortably sleeping in most vans.

Rear seat fold out bed dimensions vary depending on model of seat and whether it is a bifold or trifold seat or if a bed extender is installed. Generally, the standard widths are 52", 60" or 68" and the length can be extended to 76" if the van has the space. Check this page out: http://www.discountvantruck.com/rvvansofas/allvansofabeds.htm

Alternately, I would consider removing middle seats + sleeping between front and rear row (dimensions?)

I know everyone likes to customize their vans' interiors but I would like to find something clean & original to start.

Sounds like you should spend some time looking at factory aftermarket conversion vans and class B camper conversions. Class B campers are a van body with a raised roof (sometimnes a dropped floor) and everything from kitchens, to showers, to ovens installed in the van. Conversion vans typically have four captains chairs and a folding sofa bed in the back. Fortunately, there are still lots of 90s (and older) conversions van for sale at affordable prices in the Pacific Northwest.

Good luck in your search!
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Vantastic - September 23rd 2018 1:02 pm
Welcome to the site Jona ...
Posted By: Astrocreep66 Re: Vantastic - September 24th 2018 11:21 pm
Welcome to the site recovering air cooler friend,I too had my share of VW...used to drag race bugs..vans are so much more practical..especially big American customs
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Vantastic - September 24th 2018 11:42 pm
welcome to the site.Great to have ya here.
Posted By: SPACE_COYOTE Re: Vantastic - September 25th 2018 4:13 am
welcome !
Posted By: oldskool73 Re: Vantastic - September 25th 2018 5:34 am
Welcome.
Posted By: Dyno_Dave Re: Vantastic - September 26th 2018 10:58 am
Welcome aboard!

[Linked Image]
© Vannin' Community and Forums