Vannin' Home
Posted By: bedbuggin Hello From LI New York! - April 01st 2018 12:59 am
Hello Everyone! My name is John - I'm an ex mechanic and a new anal van owner. Always loved tricked out vans but this one is my first so I guess I have a lot to learn. Thank you for taking the time to contribute here and I hope I'll be able to do the same in the near future.

Found this sucker and scooped it up. Seems to run pretty strong and is all original right down to the spare and jack. Minor rust in a few places but door jams, floor, etc. are all solid. Doesnt look like its ever been driven in the snow. Certainly hasn't seen the salt from a NY winter. She's a 1984 G10 with a 305. No AC - and yes, that's probably gunna suck in the coming months! I'm also new to wood working but very passionate and I have a shit ton of auto and wood working tools that should come in handy for what I have planned.

Anyway .... Can anyone point me in a good direction/site for ordering parts online? Also, any resources that may help me learn about updating/grading suspension and the braking systems? Thanks in adVANce and I look forward to your comments.

[Linked Image]IMG_5355 by KillerQueen2, on Flickr

[Linked Image]IMG_5349 by KillerQueen2, on Flickr
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Hello From LI New York! - April 01st 2018 1:02 am
Welcome to the site John ....nice ride ....
Posted By: Dyno_Dave Re: Hello From LI New York! - April 01st 2018 3:24 pm
Welcome aboard!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: oldskool73 Re: Hello From LI New York! - April 01st 2018 5:53 pm
Welcome John. Where are you on LI ? I grew up in East Rockaway and was into vanning in the '70's. Looks like you have a nice van to start with.
Posted By: lukester Re: Hello From LI New York! - April 02nd 2018 2:12 am
welcomefrom Florida

customvan.com has some sweet van goodies to get you started.
Posted By: bedbuggin Re: Hello From LI New York! - April 02nd 2018 3:06 pm
Thanks guys!

East Rock as my wife calls it. She lived there for a few years in her childhood. I’m in Franklin Square
Posted By: oldskool73 Re: Hello From LI New York! - April 02nd 2018 3:56 pm
Originally Posted by bedbuggin
Thanks guys!

East Rock as my wife calls it. She lived there for a few years in her childhood. I’m in Franklin Square

Small world. I was just back in ER last week. Mom passed away. She lived in the same house for 62 years.
Posted By: scruloos Re: Hello From LI New York! - April 02nd 2018 5:52 pm
Im from islip..glad to be in vermont,now..
Posted By: jcd74 Re: Hello From LI New York! - April 02nd 2018 11:30 pm
Hello! If you got plates on it this spring, Classic "South Side Boys" Bellmore Train station Friday nights. North side of the tracks just past the entrance, where the freaks park. Anything by you let me know. Your truck don't have to be finished or trick to hang out. Also "John" noisy 1 Ton.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Hello From LI New York! - April 03rd 2018 3:54 pm
welcome to the site John!
Posted By: bedbuggin Re: Hello From LI New York! - April 04th 2018 1:49 am
Originally Posted by oldskool73
Originally Posted by bedbuggin
Thanks guys!

Small world. I was just back in ER last week. Mom passed away. She lived in the same house for 62 years.

Yes, small world. Sorry to hear the news - my condolences.
Posted By: bedbuggin Re: Hello From LI New York! - April 04th 2018 1:50 am
Originally Posted by jcd74
Hello! If you got plates on it this spring, Classic "South Side Boys" Bellmore Train station Friday nights. North side of the tracks just past the entrance, where the freaks park. Anything by you let me know. Your truck don't have to be finished or trick to hang out. Also "John" noisy 1 Ton.

Thanks! Haven't been there in years but I know the spot. May just have to come down and pick your brain =)
© Vannin' Community and Forums