Vannin' Home
Posted By: Vanthony New here any Vanners from the Tampa Bay area? - October 04th 2017 11:17 pm
New to the site but not Vanning. I'm not affiliated with any vanner groups but would like to get involved with
Vanning and events in my area. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Feel free to say hi. Vanthony
Posted By: frscke1 Re: New here any Vanners from the Tampa Bay area? - October 05th 2017 12:05 am
Welcome to the site Vanthony .....

Lots in your area ... If fact the FL Van Council has a shin dig in 3 weeks

https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&topic=66711

Again welcome ...
Posted By: heavy389 Re: New here any Vanners from the Tampa Bay area? - October 05th 2017 5:08 pm
Welcome im 2 hrs north of ya,lota clubs in area!

And BTW Frscke i dont think that Sunshine Key is going to happin after the hurricane Sunshine key got hit really bad....
Posted By: lukester Re: New here any Vanners from the Tampa Bay area? - October 06th 2017 12:38 am
welcomefrom Lake City Fl
Check out the FVC club roster and the floridavancouncil.com

There a few guys in the Tampa area. Unfortunately the Keys event has been cancelled do to the campgrounds damage caused by the hurricane. The officers of the FVC are currently working on an alternative. I will let everyone know if we nail down a campground.
Posted By: Wedgy Re: New here any Vanners from the Tampa Bay area? - October 06th 2017 1:32 am
Hey Vanthony, Welcome to the Site!

Pretty solid bunch of Vanners down there in Florida.
Glad you all hunkered down and made it through ok. Wild ride.
Welcome Vanthony. Go Bucs!
Van On
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: New here any Vanners from the Tampa Bay area? - October 06th 2017 11:09 am
welcome great to have ya aboard!
Posted By: Irish_Lucky Re: New here any Vanners from the Tampa Bay area? - October 06th 2017 1:11 pm
Welcome! Love the sunshine state!
Posted By: lukester Re: New here any Vanners from the Tampa Bay area? - October 07th 2017 2:54 pm
ALTERNATE WEEK-END PARTY IN THE FLORIDA KEYS for October 27 - 29, 2017!!
As many of you are already aware the annual FVC-sponsored event in the Florida Keys on October 27 - 29, 2017 "Back to 1987" HAS BEEN CANCELLED BECAUSE OF HURRICANE DAMAGE TO THE CAMPGROUND!
Mook has worked tirelessly and found a spot for us in the Keys that can accommodate us. It is just North of Marathon, at mile marker 59.5 on U.S. 1, between Layton and Vaca Key. It is at the Jolly Roger RV Resort http://jrtp.com/index.php. They are barely open to the public. Mook has let them know of our situation and they are allowing us to come and play. They are on the Bayside (the Right side, headed South on U.S. 1), and they have a pool. (Hopefully it will be open, she forgot to ask).
So, if you want to go down to the Keys for a good time with your fellow vanners on, or around October 27 - 29, 2017 for a laid back weekend, or however lively a weekend you want to make it, here's the details:
The rates are as follows: $69.99 plus tax 12.5 % per night
Discounts for Good Sam members 10%
If 10 or more vans book, we will all get a 15% discount per night
1 Van per site (No need to be picky at this point) Rate is for 4 people per site
ALL THAT CALL, NEED TO MENTION FLORIDA VAN COUNCIL
Jolly Roger RV Resort
59275 Overseas Highway, Marathon, FL 33050 which is at mile marker 59.5 on U.S. 1
305-289-0404
© Vannin' Community and Forums