Vannin' Home
Posted By: Ogilthorpe Just got started. - September 28th 2017 4:31 pm
New owner of a 1964 Econoline van. Bought it in Bakersfield, CA for $2300.00 with fresh built 300 cu in six and C6 trans. Some rust issues but nothing I cant deal with. Had it media blasted and primed it with Zero Rust. Rest of the body pretty straight.

I just started my business, Dick's Speed and Marine (If you think it can't go faster, you don't know Dick!)
The van will be satin black with a "bass boat" metal flake orange roof, Dick's logo, old school Cragars and white tuck and roll seats. It will also have a 60" flat screen on the drivers side interior wall with a 2000 watt stereo system inside and speakers on the inside of the double side doors for promotional events.

I will send photos soon.

Posted By: JAGI410 Re: Just got started. - September 28th 2017 7:31 pm
Welcome! This new van sounds amazing!
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Just got started. - September 28th 2017 7:38 pm
Welcome to the site OG ....

I love going fast in my van !
Posted By: Dyno_Dave Re: Just got started. - September 28th 2017 7:59 pm
Welcome aboard!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lukester Re: Just got started. - September 28th 2017 11:48 pm
welcomefrom Florida
Looking forward to some pics. Sounds like you got some wicked cool plans for it.
Posted By: Starlord Re: Just got started. - September 29th 2017 12:38 am
Welcome! Plans sound great...however, when reading your plans, my first thought was since you are doing a bass boat orange metal flake roof, I was thinking orange metal flake vinyl seats would look awesome.
Posted By: Ogilthorpe Re: Just got started. - September 29th 2017 4:21 pm
Thanks to all for the good words. I had considered the orange flake upholstery as well but since the interior sheet metal will be candy orange with some sequins added to the clear coat, I figured the white tuck and roll with orange piping would be a nice contrast.

I will try to post photos today and please keep the suggestions coming. I would hate to miss an idea that would have made this project better!
Posted By: Starlord Re: Just got started. - September 30th 2017 12:37 am
Ahhh. See, getting the whole story with the visual concept changes everything. Yep, that should look good.
Posted By: Greenstreak Re: Just got started. - September 30th 2017 3:20 am
Instead of the Cragars I'm picturing steel wheels painted the same Orange as the roof, dog dishes, and wide whites.
Posted By: Ogilthorpe Re: Just got started. - September 30th 2017 3:19 pm
That's definitely in the running!
Thanks.
Posted By: Ogilthorpe Re: Just got started. - October 01st 2017 6:41 pm
links deleted
Posted By: lukester Re: Just got started. - October 01st 2017 10:52 pm
Looks like you are starting from scratch shocked
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Just got started. - October 03rd 2017 11:14 am
welcome great to have ya aboard!
Posted By: Dyno_Dave Re: Just got started. - October 03rd 2017 12:57 pm
Welcome aboard!

[Linked Image]

That's a good looking project.
Posted By: Astro Re: Just got started. - October 03rd 2017 10:15 pm
please re-upload your images with the file manager, don't copy their links to your post, TMP files are TEMPORARY - the system deletes them, so the three images you posted are no good anymore
Posted By: oldskool73 Re: Just got started. - October 10th 2017 5:52 am
Welcome. Sounds like a fun build.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Just got started. - October 10th 2017 9:22 pm
welcome aboard
© Vannin' Community and Forums