Vannin' Home
Posted By: soundhd Cost Of Automotive Paint - May 18th 2022 9:15 pm
It’s been a very long time since I had to look into getting any vehicle repainted. Recently purchased a 91 Chevy Shorty and it is due to go to the paint shop later this summer…..was looking at black and a 2020 Cadillac color and I asked how much more the Cadillac color would be (a metallic color) and to my surprise (and the painter’s) they were the same…..now everyone hold on …….$787.00 per gallon…..whew…..almost makes one to have it wrapped instead……..LOL
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Cost Of Automotive Paint - May 18th 2022 9:53 pm
Thats about right on the price ....it cost me $3500 to have my Red van painted.

I had the White van painted back in 09 and that one was $900.

As my friend was the painter his fee was minimal ...

Now lets talk aircraft N Space paint ...lol
Posted By: SDMickey Re: Cost Of Automotive Paint - May 19th 2022 3:49 am
When did you have BIG Red painted and there had to be hardly no bodywork
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Cost Of Automotive Paint - May 19th 2022 3:20 pm
That was the paint job after the accident when they replaced the whole drivers side.
Posted By: kursed Re: Cost Of Automotive Paint - July 15th 2022 5:26 pm
So here is the thing about paints and wraps. Paint is MUCH more expensive, but if properly cared for it can last literal decades longer than a vinyl wrap. Costs are going up across the board, but auto paints have been steady climbing over the past 5 years or so, even before the inflation uptick of recent days. Lots more EPA regulations, business regulations, and higher taxes all help those costs rise. $3,000-5,000 is a pretty average cost for a full size van paint job these days depending on your location and paint.
© Vannin' Community and Forums