Vannin' Home

Bubble windows

Posted By: HarleysandVans

Bubble windows - June 19th 2019 6:51 pm

So the guy I bought my van from must have used plexiglass or something for the porthole windows I want to replace them, I’ve found glass porthole windows but I’m hoping I can find the domed bubble windows since it’s a 70’s van
Any ideas ok where I can find something that won’t break the bank?
Posted By: Reed

Re: Bubble windows - June 19th 2019 8:04 pm

Those are not made anymore. Junkyar, swap meet, ebay are your only chances, and you most likely won't find them cheap.
Posted By: DontComeKnocken

Re: Bubble windows - June 19th 2019 9:41 pm

The bubbles are pricey but really cool. Keep an eye on ebay the cheapest I've seen them go for is $200 for a pair of bubble port holes and close to $500 for shapes. Needless to say my van has no bubbles haha
Posted By: Deathorvictory

Re: Bubble windows - June 20th 2019 12:57 am

A friend of mine has a set of heart windows that were never mounted...$700. Just for a little perspective.
Posted By: samhain

Re: Bubble windows - June 20th 2019 12:19 pm

Make em

https://www.whichcar.com.au/features/how-to-make-your-own-acrylic-bubble-windows

Re: Bubble windows - June 20th 2019 7:31 pm

all right, now I can see why they cost 2 arms and a leg.
Posted By: Reed

Re: Bubble windows - June 20th 2019 7:58 pm

Thats a cool article. Makes me want to try it.

Ony in Australia would the author make a template to make a "cock and balls" porthole window.

Re: Bubble windows - June 20th 2019 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Reed
Thats a cool article. Makes me want to try it.

Ony in Australia would the author make a template to make a "cock and balls" porthole window.

Would've been great to see it on the side of a van. Always chuckled a little bit at the Mushroom portholes looking like a mushroom tip.
Posted By: NEmery

Re: Bubble windows - June 21st 2019 12:38 pm

I may try to make some acrylic parts now. headlight covers and custom taillights would be sweet.
Posted By: Astrocreep66

Re: Bubble windows - June 26th 2019 3:38 pm

Any portholes are cool. I think there is still a market as long as the purist still live.
Posted By: billybob

Re: Bubble windows - June 26th 2019 7:05 pm

I have a set portholesDrop me a email billybob79@verizon.net
Posted By: Wizard78

Re: Bubble windows - June 27th 2019 9:09 pm

Bubble ports ROCK!
© 2019 Vannin' Community and Forums