Vannin' Home
Posted By: YourMom how to remove latex house paint! - May 10th 2018 9:48 pm
I have recenty purchased this van and am making great progress but.....

as you can see it is COVERED in latex pain that has been brushed on. i would like to remove it while perserving as much of the original paint that is underneath as possible. i have managed to soften up th epaint a few times while washing it and some chunks come off. any suggestions?

Attached picture van.jpg
Attached picture Paint.JPG
Posted By: Reed Re: how to remove latex house paint! - May 10th 2018 9:58 pm
Ewwwww. Maybe a chemical stripper and a lot of pressure washing?
Posted By: YourMom Re: how to remove latex house paint! - May 10th 2018 10:02 pm
i know i know its bad. I'm going to try and get my hands on a pressure washer here in the next few days and see how it goes.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: how to remove latex house paint! - May 10th 2018 10:47 pm
Id let a paint shop do it ... the hundred youd pay to strip it is worth the mess your going to make & clean up.
Posted By: Reed Re: how to remove latex house paint! - May 11th 2018 12:03 am
Originally Posted by frscke1
Id let a paint shop do it ... the hundred youd pay to strip it is worth the mess your going to make & clean up.

+1. Let the professionals handle this one. They have techniques and products regular people don't.
Posted By: Barnabas Re: how to remove latex house paint! - October 31st 2018 2:26 pm
I just read about GooGone's latex paint remover. It might work for you.

https://googone.com/latex-paint-clean-up-spray
Posted By: jcd74 Re: how to remove latex house paint! - November 01st 2018 4:59 pm
Sneak into a car wash you don't like, and just act dumbfounded like it was their fault and leave quietly.
Posted By: Rusty Pancelode Re: how to remove latex house paint! - November 01st 2018 5:31 pm
Originally Posted by jcd74
Sneak into a car wash you don't like, and just act dumbfounded like it was their fault and leave quietly.

lol

Unfortunately, house paint holds up to car washes better than that.
Ask me how I know. LOL
© Vannin' Community and Forums