Vannin' Home
Posted By: Matman PREPARING FOR PAINT - April 16th 2017 10:49 pm
WELL
Its something I never thought I would do, I am definitely not a fan of the `new paint` look. I have been looking for weeks for someone who is capable of - and confident enough to attend to the scratches and chips in the paintwork, I think I have spoken to approx six different paint guys and shops. Finally I decided to go ahead and tackle it myself... the preparation that is.
I have found a guy who is willing to help me with the prep, attend to all the areas and finish off those areas in primer, then I will source a spray shop and get the van resprayed., Yesterday I started stripping it down, badges, trim, door handles etc. Quite satisfying really. Today I'll remove the bumper bars and whatever else needs done, I'd like to remove the screen, but if the rubber gets damaged it might be a hassle sourcing a new one.. I'll talk to my local windscreen guy tomorrow,
Ps.. if anyone can tell me where to find the windscreen rubber seal and the seals that fit in the rear doors for the flip open windows it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Pps, I wanted to insert an image but photobucket has taken ten minutes so far to show it it in the `share this photo` page... its only 9okb . I`ll try another time.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: PREPARING FOR PAINT - April 16th 2017 11:35 pm
Are these the ones your talkin about ?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

https://www.trimlok.com/

DD6100 is the seal for the rear pop outs.
Posted By: Matman Re: PREPARING FOR PAINT - April 17th 2017 3:54 am
Great stuff thanks, I`ll check that site out tonite. I like your `patterned` rear Glass tint, did you do that yourself? ps how about opening the rear doors wide and show me your setup, do you have storage drawers there?
Thanks Matt
Posted By: frscke1 Re: PREPARING FOR PAINT - April 17th 2017 4:26 am
http://www.vpwindowgraphics.com/ind...ndow-graphics-checkered-flag-010010.html

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Matman Re: PREPARING FOR PAINT - April 17th 2017 7:11 am
Thats neat, cheers
© Vannin' Community and Forums