Vannin' Home

WTB ASAP: Chevy G20 Rear License Plate Bracket in Bumper

Posted By: tuner4life

WTB ASAP: Chevy G20 Rear License Plate Bracket in Bumper - March 23rd 2018 1:05 pm

Hello all. I am in need of a steel License plate bracket to fit my 1985 Chevy G20. This is the one that is bolted into the rear bumper. I didn't realize that mine was damaged until I got ready to remove it to send to powder coat. Needless to say, I need to find another fairly quickly. Doesn't even have to be in that good of shape, just straight and not bent. I will be sending it to be powder coated anyways.

Anyways. Looking for something hopefully pretty quick.

Would be shipped to 46506 Indiana.

Picture for reference as long as Photobucket doesn't take it down.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Gladiator

Re: WTB ASAP: Chevy G20 Rear License Plate Bracket in Bumper - March 23rd 2018 3:34 pm

The bracket has a part# of 3892041, eBay looks to have one new old stock and two reproductions for sale right now.

Re: WTB ASAP: Chevy G20 Rear License Plate Bracket in Bumper - March 23rd 2018 4:26 pm

Holy crap! I searched all morning for a part number and got nowhere. Thank you!
Posted By: frscke1

Re: WTB ASAP: Chevy G20 Rear License Plate Bracket in Bumper - March 23rd 2018 4:56 pm

Those brackets are thick ... they dont bend very easy ... I backed over a Chevy Caviler & formed the hood to her air cleaner, pulled forward to get off her & ripped the hood, air cleaner and the carb clean off her car. Didnt even look like the bracket had been touched.

Here is the bumper that did the body work....

[Linked Image]

Re: WTB ASAP: Chevy G20 Rear License Plate Bracket in Bumper - March 23rd 2018 5:27 pm

My back bumper was slightly bent from that one time a 3500# farm tractor lost brakes while loading on the trailer and came through the back doors of the van.. I thought it was just the bumper that was slightly out of whack, but the bracket is twisted just a little more than I can bend back.

The incident that kicked off the whole restoration

[Linked Image]

Re: WTB ASAP: Chevy G20 Rear License Plate Bracket in Bumper - March 23rd 2018 5:54 pm

The new bumper didnt come with the bracket attached ?

Re: WTB ASAP: Chevy G20 Rear License Plate Bracket in Bumper - March 23rd 2018 7:21 pm

I don't have it yet, but from the picture it doesn't look like it does..

https://www.carparts.com/details/Ch...bQdcEAQYASABEgJuWvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Re: WTB ASAP: Chevy G20 Rear License Plate Bracket in Bumper - March 23rd 2018 8:00 pm

Thats just wrong .... its a complete assy....
Posted By: Gladiator

Re: WTB ASAP: Chevy G20 Rear License Plate Bracket in Bumper - March 24th 2018 1:41 am

Originally Posted by tuner4life
Holy crap! I searched all morning for a part number and got nowhere. Thank you!

No problem, I checked GMpartsgiant.com, they're pretty good at listing most of the part numbers a vehicle came with.
Posted By: Scrojira

Re: WTB ASAP: Chevy G20 Rear License Plate Bracket in Bumper - March 24th 2018 2:53 am

I've got one. Sent you a PM.
© 2019 Vannin' Community and Forums