Vannin' Home
Posted By: PhilBiker What is this piece ? - October 18th 2019 4:52 pm
Hello, I just noticed that my engine wiring harness is defective, I think the failure is due to the room I posted the photo. Could someone tell me what is this piece? I can not find it on the diagram of my manual, thank you in advance. I remember that I have a 1979 Dodge B200 and wonder if the wiring on my vehicle is original?

Attached picture IMG_20191018_172555.jpg
Posted By: Meanmachine Re: What is this piece ? - October 18th 2019 6:56 pm
Wow that is in bad shape. The part is an Electronic Voltage Regulator.
Posted By: Reed Re: What is this piece ? - October 18th 2019 9:07 pm
Close. That is an EGR timer, not a voltage regulator. Can't buy them new. That thing is toast.
Posted By: PhilBiker Re: What is this piece ? - October 19th 2019 5:20 am
Thank you, now I know its usefulness. Do you think it's mandatory to give one? Does that prevent me from starting the van if it is not connected?
Posted By: Jerry_XtraVanTastic Re: What is this piece ? - October 29th 2019 10:32 pm
Mine Melted an was glowing red hot . Pulled it off an tossed it on the driveway. Boy did it smoke.
Oh ya it's a timer. mine said 90 on it. So I assumed it operated for 90 seconds.
I tried to replace it but could never find one. I been running my van 3 years without one.
I always wondered if made the van hard to start without it or it it had anything to do with it.
Posted By: Jerry_XtraVanTastic Re: What is this piece ? - October 29th 2019 10:34 pm
Think I'll read this might answer some questions.

https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbthreads.php/topics/287809/dodge-egr-timers-info
Posted By: Jerry_XtraVanTastic Re: What is this piece ? - November 04th 2019 8:27 pm
It does not seem as tho not having this egr timer would make any difference in starting the engine. Can someone confirm that this is correct.
Posted By: PhilBiker Re: What is this piece ? - November 05th 2019 8:20 am
Hello, I managed to find one on the net, I have to repair the beam before reassembling it and I will tell you if it works, apparently there are several timer (35s - 60s - 90s) I bought a 90s because I couldn’t read what was written on it. Thank you all for your answers
© Vannin' Community and Forums