Vannin' Home
Posted By: Jsmay101 1994 Dodge B150 with a few issues - April 05th 2018 4:36 am
Hey fellas, always been a van owner for work... finally bought a shorty for personal use. Been looking for a while, I ended up with a one owner 94’ B150 shorty cargo. I love it! I bought it tonight in Atlanta GA and drove it back to just north of Nashville TN ...4 hr drive with some mountains thrown in for good measure. Needles to say we made it home with ease! The van has a rattlely 3.9l so first up is a timing chain and tensioner..

Next is to figure out the lights.. wondering if the timing is loose enough to maybe mess with the electrical a little but, the dash lights and headlights seemed to get soft and bright at random... it does have a new alternator so.. I’ll check voltage in the morning while running.. anyone else experience this?

Then I noticed the heat would turn cold if I was stopped in traffic or at a light.. then return to hot when I started driving again.... anyone?

Lastly I have to weld in 2 small patches.. one in the back cargo area.. any source for that? And a small patch on the step for the rear pass door... thanks guys in advance. Jason

Posted By: Jsmay101 Re: 1994 Dodge B150 with a few issues - April 08th 2018 6:58 pm
Figured out my voltage issues, was the pcm.. not exactly what I was hoping for but what can ya do. Also the heat issue was an air bubble/lack of anti-freeze.. also replaced a bunch of dash bulbs and man.. it’s a whole new world!
Posted By: RichardB Re: 1994 Dodge B150 with a few issues - April 10th 2018 12:23 am
Did ya go with LED's in the dash? I did that on my 91 a couple months back, and a pair of LED headlights. HUGE difference. Just a couple weeks ago I swapped all the tail and marker lights out to LED too, that required replacing the factory flasher relay with a low-amp/LED compatible ones. But so worth it!
Posted By: Jsmay101 Re: 1994 Dodge B150 with a few issues - April 10th 2018 3:23 pm
Originally Posted by RichardB
Did ya go with LED's in the dash? I did that on my 91 a couple months back, and a pair of LED headlights. HUGE difference. Just a couple weeks ago I swapped all the tail and marker lights out to LED too, that required replacing the factory flasher relay with a low-amp/LED compatible ones. But so worth it!

No, not at this time. I thought about that. I plan to repaint the dash so when I take it apart for that i probably will.
© Vannin' Community and Forums